$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary: Those who do, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's a morning radio team in Melbourne-- Fifi, Dave, and Fev-- who have been promoting the upcoming Australian Open 2017.
Fifi mentioned that she had played in the under-14 tournament when she was of an age, and that she was rather good at tennis.
Her co-workers then discovered that she actually did play, but she lost in two straight sets, 6-0, 6-0.

So they all set up an event where Fifi would return to the court (now aged 34, I think it is) and play a 13 year-old girl for a trophy and local tennis glory.

It turns out that a buddy of mine from university is now living near Melbourne and eventually his daughter was chosen as Fifi's opponent.
I've spent some time with his daughter at a couple of parties that our families been to; she's a great kid.

So she spent a week as a local celebrity, getting radio time and interviews, and she even got phone voice mails of encouragement from Andy Murray, and Rafael Nadal (I think she said).

Yesterday they played the match, and Halle beat Fifi to take home the trophy ("The Wonga Park Open").
There is even some video of it on the radio's website.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
I talked to a cop on the phone the other day. I have tenuous ties to a possible serial murderer.

Oh yeah. True story. Had no idea what it was about until I saw the headlines later that day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
One time I yelled abuse at Fev, so now I have a tenuous tie to the whole thing too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
And now I too have a tenuous tie, to a tennis match played in Melbourne Australia earlier today (yesterday in Australia).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Small world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.