Popular Tags: [View All]
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I have updated the comprehensive addenda for D-Day at Tarawa and uploaded it as a pdf file to BGG, approval pending. These changes will all be incorporated into the 2nd printing of the game, scheduled for the Spring of 2017.

The updated addenda includes a few new changes which further refine play balance and victory conditions, based on feedback over the last year. These changes are in addition to those published in last year's addenda release. For quick reference the new changes are:

8.33 Defeated Elite Japanese units are eligible for withdrawal only on Turns 1-16. Beginning Turn 17 all defeated Japanese units are removed from play.

18.1 At least one position must project a printed field of fire onto the southern beach to meet the victory conditions, not two.

18.2, first bullet: You win the scenario if you have secured all positions in three island zones, one of which must be zone A or F, plus at least EIGHT positions in other zones, not ten.

All changes are considered official. Thanks to everyone on BGG and CSW for supporting the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Excellent stuff!

I love the game, and wish to convey my appreciation for all the fun and mental health assistance it gave me this summer when I broke my hip! I'm now pretty well read on Tarawa, which I knew nothing about prior to your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gabrielli
United States
New York
flag msg tools
THX John! Great stuff. Owning all 3, now I cannot decide which to play! Thanks.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake W.
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious...

I have the game, played a few times, very much enjoy it. Haven't won yet but I prefer the greatest challenge. Just tell me it's possible to win with 1st edition rules and I'll stick with that...?

Thank you,
Jake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gabrielli
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Jake- While the game is still great to play under the 1st edition rules, you will most likely lose every game. The modification to the victory conditions in 2nd edition makes a huge difference, esp regarding securing of position hexes. Play the updated rules. Even then with the updated rules-

10 turn game I can win 90%
15 turn game is 50-50, but I have to play with the additional rules updates per above from John. Should be eaiser now.

30 turn game is impossible! Never won.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gabrielli
United States
New York
flag msg tools
John what am I missing on the 8.33 rule change? My rule book has that rule written as you wrote it as a change.

8.33 Defeated Elite Japanese units are eligible for withdrawal only on Turns 1-16. Beginning Turn 17 all defeated Japanese units are removed from play.

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lenz
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
anybody know when the latest addenda will be available in the files section? checking since john's post but still... nothing.

still awaiting approval?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Clifford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chemkid wrote:
anybody know when the latest addenda will be available in the files section? checking since john's post but still... nothing.

still awaiting approval?

It's available already on CSW in the forum header:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd83f89/302

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Lenz
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
TY!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Steve -- In the rules as written Elite Japanese units can withdraw throughout the game. This change limits withdrawal of Elite units to Turns 1-16.

Robert -- The file is awaiting approval. I first submitted the file as a new topic, but the admins want it instead appended to the existing Addenda topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gabrielli
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks again John. I was reading the original rule wrong LOL. On turn 17 I was always removing elite units from the game.

Is there any point is putting units in the eliminated box after turn 16 reorganization anyway? Once reorganization is completed, I dont see another way for units to make it from the elimination box to the reserve box??

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crowe
Canada
Kirkland
Quebec
flag msg tools
Hi

Will there be any other changes to the 2nd edition other than the latest rule changes?

Cheers,
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Steve -- With these changes there is no need to put eliminated units in the Eliminated Units box after Turn 16, other than a visual reminder of the carnage.

Bill -- All changes, corrections and clarifications are in the latest Addenda, which by the way is now approved by the BGG admins and available in the Files section of this topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.