Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I play as the ARVN, I can't help but think that ARVN bases are pointless. Why do I think this? Well, every south Vietnam province is adjacent to a city, so getting troops into action is really easy, and I don't need to worry about training because of the proximity of the cities (as mentioned).

I'm scratching my head on what to do with bases. Obviously having troops stay in 2 Pop provinces during the Coup Round is better than them leaving. It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort of getting a base out though.

What am I missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe dagostino
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Denial of opportunity to other side to build a base?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're missing the ability to Redeploy into NVA-Controlled spaces during the Coup Round, and probably also the aggressive use of Police.

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerjan wrote:
You're missing the ability to Redeploy into NVA-Controlled spaces during the Coup Round, and probably also the aggressive use of Police.

Regards,
Oerjan

This is the only non-event way to get police into a province not during a coup round. In fact, you can deploy up to 6 troops/ police into a non-COIN controlled province, possibly gaining control and pacifying as part of the same op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.