Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure many people much smarter than me have "won" the solo game by scoring 30 points, but just curious.

I just played the first time and scored minus-6 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walton
United States
Ada
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a really low score in my first game. I can't remember what it was but it taught me not to underestimate Solo Taxes lol. You really have to make sure every tile you take is worth it. My best score is 29. Loving the solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Mendes
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
I'm sure many people much smarter than me have "won" the solo game by scoring 30 points, but just curious.

I just played the first time and scored minus-6 points.

Yes, a couple of night ago I beat it, with a fairly good score of 43. The other scoring mechanism was Sprawl (I think that's the name, it's the one that you get points for having tiles that touch only one other tile). That, and I snagged a ton of good red tiles before Red or Spot took them.

Only victory, though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Derr
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Get off my Avatar NERD!
mbmbmbmbmb
I beat it in my first game with a great score in the 50's. I thought well this is really easy. Then I played again and got crushed. In the 2nd game, I also highly underestimated the tile tax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Amey
United States
Eastern Shore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LGMHorus wrote:
Yes, a couple of night ago I beat it, with a fairly good score of 43. The other scoring mechanism was Sprawl (I think that's the name, it's the one that you get points for having tiles that touch only one other tile). That, and I snagged a ton of good red tiles before Red or Spot took them.

Only victory, though...

My first three games were below average until I realized I was forgetting the lap scoring. First game with lap scoring and Sprawl I scored 45 points. Definitely be wary of taking every available tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Scored a whopping 8 points for my first game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd solo game - 11 points! Moving up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.