Subject: Trumps America Vs Clinton's America rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
This is kind of a cool little visual

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/11/16/us/politics/th...

Tumplandia

Clintonia

Land Area
Clinton’s America: 15% - 530,000 square miles
Trump’s America: 85% - 3,000,000 square miles

Population
Clinton’s America: 54% - 174 million
Trump’s America: 46% - 148 million

Popular Vote (As of Wednesday, Nov. 16.)
For Clinton: 50.4% - 61.8 million
For Trump: 49.6% - 60.8 million
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this visual, too. I was considering some numerical thing, figuring out how many states I could add up to equal the Trump voters from California. But a picture can sometimes say that better.

http://emmiemears.com/these-purple-states-of-america/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
I always wanted ocean front property.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not think it possible, but Trump did win Middle America, and the hearts of blue collar folks in that region. The election did hinge, however, on just a few key states, Florida and Winsconsin come to mind. The Democrats are hurting now after the stinging loss, and they should recognize that they should not alienate the Rust Belt vote (as I think Clinton did), but, should also redouble their efforts in the key states that Clinton lost, next go round. The reality is, Clinton would have won the election or come extremely close, had she won the States that Obama did in 2012. I am not sure the Trump victory is as much a result of the people listening to him, so much as the people not wanting to listen to Hillary (i.e., her undesirable factor weighing in). I give kudos to Trump though, he ran the campaign he wanted to run, won it fair and square, and now has the Captain's wheel. He is running the ship, let's see where he takes it. Hopefully, he does not run the ship aground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.