25 Posts

Dawn of the Zeds (Third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: WHEN'S THE EXPANSION COMING (RELEASE DATE) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sz
Canada
flag msg tools
Anyone know what the DOFTZ3 expansion coming (adding back the version 2 characters not in version 3)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't even know there was an epansion planned That's intriguing... let's subscribe !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From what I remember VPG said that they won't put it out until after they have fulfilled all the Darkest Night backer shipments. I would guess they will announce it towards the summer of next year if everything goes according to plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thompson
United States
Taylor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Old Ironsides being overflown by the Blue Angels
mbmbmbmbmb

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if we see it before 2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goodie :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But ?? How do you get that ? wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sz
Canada
flag msg tools
I heard that the mobile port of the game has been put on indefinite hold or scrapped. Any one know if this is true and if not, what the status of the mobile version at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:

At BGGCon !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LexTalionis07 wrote:
Eawyne wrote:

At BGGCon !!

Aw, sucks. Might be a little far to travel to, even if I reallly want it laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple requests of the OP:

1) Would you mind not typing in all caps? There's no need.

2) Can you place a question mark at the end of it since you're asking a question and not making a statement. Some may come here thinking you're announcing it rather than asking about it.

To do these things, simply click "edit" on your first post and change the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The third edition of ZEDS is almost sold out. I'm at BGG.con en route home, but figure there can't be many more than 20 or so copies out there.

The app game was going again last I heard, and we received a new build, but there has been no news for a while. I need to find out.

The ZEDS expansion kit is in my suitcase. It is still an alpha prototype and features some very cool new characters and plenty of new event and fate cards too keep everything fresh *especially at blue level).

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
The third edition of ZEDS is almost sold out. I'm at BGG.con en route home, but figure there can't be many more than 20 or so copies out there.

The app game was going again last I heard, and we received a new build, but there has been no news for a while. I need to find out.

The ZEDS expansion kit is in my suitcase. It is still an alpha prototype and features some very cool new characters and plenty of new event and fate cards too keep everything fresh *especially at blue level).

Alan Emrich

For those still on the fence, once the game sells out is that it? Or do you think you'll get another print run.

(The OCD in me wants to get a back up copy of the game. Shame he has to listen to the We-don't-have-infinite-money-and-space guy who is in charge.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Pike III
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And this is what happens when your marketing guys says, "Hey Barry, act surprised about this promo" -- my mug is now forever a part of BGG. I'm sorry for all of you who had to to endure this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incubus wrote:
And this is what happens when your marketing guys says, "Hey Barry, act surprised about this promo" -- my mug is now forever a part of BGG. I'm sorry for all of you who had to to endure this.

What I'm enduring now is not having this promo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
> For those still on the fence, once the game sells out is that it? Or do you think you'll get another print run.

That fist print run was SO expensive! I don't think we have anywhere near that kind of scratch un-allotted to reprint it. If we did reprint Zeds 3, it would have to be reprinted via fund-raising (like Kickstarter or our upcoming pre-order system).

Which is where we might launch the EXPANSION KIT, so maybe it will be an "Everything Zeds" KS campaign; I don't know.

Hopefully, we will get developer Petra Schlunk's time back from the VPG factory and polish up the beta kit we have in hand.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Wheels Carter
And for those wondering about "Big Wheels" Carter. In the Zeds 3 paradigm, he was a little to tricky to include in the base set. In the expansion kit, he has been streamlined and works a bit differently now:

[PLAYTEST CHARACTER; SUBJECT TO DEVELOPMENT]

“Big Wheels” Carter [Mounted Hero] [8/4 strength] [5 movement]

King of the Road: Carter will not abandon his truck; he and his truck are “one.” He cannot voluntarily enter the Tunnel track, nor does he conduct Gunfire attacks, increase Infection during Hand-to-Hand combat, or receive a Saving Roll when eliminated.

Cargo Hauler: Carter and his truck must enter play on any above ground Start space with the Cargo marker on his unit showing its Loaded side. If he Retreats while hauling a load, he does so toward his current track’s Start space. If and when he reaches Town Center, flip the Cargo marker to show its Empty side and immediately gain 5 Supplies and 3 Ammo. His truck can be loaded again with this same cargo at any Start space by having Carter spend 1 Action to do so.

Zeds Plow: Upon entering a Zeds-occupied space, [roll a die]: on a [4], [5], or [6] inflict 1 Hit on the Zeds and Carter can continue moving (if desired and he has any Movement Allowance remaining). Otherwise, Carter stops and conducts Hand-to-Hand combat with no [infection] increase.

Repairs: Carter never suffers Hits; his truck does. Consequently, this unit is eliminated after receiving six Hits (as Zeds units are). Carter’s truck is not Healed, but rather it is Repaired while in Town Center or a Start space for 1 Supplies or 1 Action per Hit removed but (like Healing) no faster than 1 Hit removed per turn, maximum.

Biography:

Brian (”Big Wheels”) Carter is happiest when he is ensconced in his 18-wheel truck/home/office and roaring down the highway. He’s always seen close to his faithful truck, “Rose,” named after his first true love who tragically passed away before they could marry and settle down. After this, Carter vowed he would never settle down and instead lived his life with “Ramblin’ Rose” on the open road.

An independent owner/operator who has traveled the continent on special hauls over the years, Carter loves his job and the time it affords him to let his thoughts blissfully drift to the life he missed… and the life he has. A good truck stop, making some new friends, and sharing a couple of beers in the evening -- these things make Big Wheels content to sleep in the back of his rig and live to drive another day.

When the Zeds showed up and the highways he found himself on became clogged with refugees, he took it as a personal affront to his way of life. When word came that someone was needed to get supplies through to the beleaguered survivors at Farmingdale, he had no doubt he was the man to do it and damn any walking Zeds who got in the way of him and Rose.

Working with a mechanic buddy, Tim “Power Tool” Powers, Carter said, “Let’s put some thorns on the Rose and give these Zeds a bouquet of trouble!” Now more armored vehicle than big rig, Ramblin’ Rose and Carter are together again on the road and heading for the epicenter of Farmingdale to deliver the goods and save the day. “C’mon, Rose, we’ve got a date…”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeds 3 was my first exposure to Dawn of the Zeds, so I don't know how the expansions typically work. Will there be more counters, and if so will there be an option for laser-cut? I need my counters to match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Will there be more counters, and if so will there be an option for laser-cut? I need my counters to match.

There will be more counters; they will NOT be laser-cut. I expect we will have lost that capability by then...

Sorry.

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
Will there be more counters, and if so will there be an option for laser-cut? I need my counters to match.

There will be more counters; they will NOT be laser-cut. I expect we will have lost that capability by then...

Sorry.

Alan Emrich

Darkness. No parents.

You're renting your current machine right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

Sorry.

Alan Emrich

Still not opening my laser-cut counters yet, thinking it might be a waste of money to me.
Now it weighs like gold surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must say: Big Wheels Carter is awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
That fist print run was SO expensive! I don't think we have anywhere near that kind of scratch un-allotted to reprint it. If we did reprint Zeds 3, it would have to be reprinted via fund-raising (like Kickstarter or our upcoming pre-order system).

Which is where we might launch the EXPANSION KIT, so maybe it will be an "Everything Zeds" KS campaign; I don't know.

Alan Emrich

Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

Sorry.

Alan Emrich

Hi Alan. Just a thought. If the expansion went to Kickstarter do you think you'd offer laser cut as an add on, like you did with Zeds and Nemo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hi Alan. Just a thought. If the expansion went to Kickstarter do you think you'd offer laser cut as an add on, like you did with Zeds and Nemo?

Probably not. We're losing our laser cutters in the summer. It's unlikely that we'll have a Zeds Kickstarter before Spring... That's cutting it pretty fine, as we expect a rush on our print-on-demand games at the very end as demand increases and printing stops!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

Probably not. We're losing our laser cutters in the summer. It's unlikely that we'll have a Zeds Kickstarter before Spring... That's cutting it pretty fine, as we expect a rush on our print-on-demand games at the very end as demand increases and printing stops!

Alan Emrich

Oh. For some reason I thought the laser cut counters for Zeds was also done out of house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lee
Spain
flag msg tools
Alan Emrich wrote:

Hopefully, we will get developer Petra Schlunk's time back from the VPG factory and polish up the beta kit we have in hand.

Alan Emrich

I hope everyone that was involved with developing and testing Zeds 3 gets to have a look at the expansion because they did such a great job polishing up that one! I'm willing to wait longer for the same level of refinement... it's completely worth it.

Also, Big Wheels Carter sounds awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.