Hide
6 Posts

Lunarchitects» Forums » Rules

Subject: Launch Astronaut and 4th lap solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve C
msg tools
Can I launch my last astronaut on my last turn?

Also playing solo I didn't complete a 4th lap. Did I do something wrong or can this happen based on how tiles are grabbed? If so, do I still score the 4th lap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
I've played that sure, on your last turn you can launch the last astronaut.

The tiles always come out at the same rate (filling one spot at a time), and there are exactly enough tiles to let you complete 4 laps (but not 5). Crossing the lap line the fourth time, you can be a big jump though (you have LOTS of options past the line) so if you skip a lot past the line that 4th time, it might feel like you're almost completing a 5th lap! That's my guess on what happened to you. Especially solo, when you're skipping tiles all over the place, four laps goes by pretty quickly

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say "launch an astronaut" do you mean spending an astronaut to buy a tile that requires one? For whatever reason, that language is lost on me despite multiple plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
When you say "launch an astronaut" do you mean spending an astronaut to buy a tile that requires one? For whatever reason, that language is lost on me despite multiple plays.

Exciting, this may be a revelation:
The "Move an Astronaut" action on Quarters tiles can do one of two things: it can move any astronaut from one tile to an adjacent, OR it can remove any astronaut from one of your tiles and trade it in for a rocket. There's a red "up" arrow on the icon to hint at that.
This action is fully explained on the Tile Action section of the rulebook, but you're not the first to miss it initially.

If this is news to you, consider your mind blown as for options. Then again, if it's just the wording that's throwing you, then nevermind
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
You got drama all over my meeples!
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
gipyls wrote:
If this is news to you, consider your mind blown

CUE MY AVATAR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
Thanks for the quick response. By launch an astronaut, yes I meant return it to the supply and take a rocket. I think you are right I must have been just about to cross a fifth time. I will play again tonight and pay closer attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.