Mistfall: Heart of the Mists» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aseke rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Did my first solo steps into playing the game last night and some things came up that I wanted to check.

- I was using Aseke solo but it soom became apperent that she likely has to be accompanied by allies. Unless I'm missing something I wasn't able to make a dent in the enemies health witout them.

- Aseke's short sword has a fast action that deals 1 damage and increases focus by 1. You can increase this by discarding cards with the combat keyword. Are you able to endlessly use this fast action for 1 damage (i.e. not discarding a 'combat' card) or is it only once? Not sure its usefull since most enemies will have 1 or higher defense.

- Aseke's cloak has a reflex that put this card on either on the discard pile or on top of you deck. Why would you put it on the discard pile? To me it seems that putting it on top of your deck is always preferred?

- I have 2 copies of Aseke's Song of Hope my hand. This card has the Song keyword printed on it. If I use the fast action on the card does the first discard (bury?)
* Count for the Song keyword?
* Or do I have to discard both 'Song' card to place a total of 1 objective token on any card in play?
Looks like it will be the 2nd option so you end up with 1 card burried and the other one on the discard pile.

Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotun wrote:
- Aseke's short sword has a fast action that deals 1 damage and increases focus by 1. You can increase this by discarding cards with the combat keyword. Are you able to endlessly use this fast action for 1 damage (i.e. not discarding a 'combat' card) or is it only once? Not sure its usefull since most enemies will have 1 or higher defense.

No comment on your other questions as I don't have this game yet. However, if the game is at all similar to the original Mistfall, then you can stab with the short sword using a fast action as often as you want. As you say, most enemies will have 1 or higher defense so it may not be all that useful in most situations. But there will be the odd exceptional occasion where you can slowly stab an enemy to death with no repercussions beyond your focus going up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some quick answers:

1. Aseke is indeed more of a support character, meant to be used when playing with more Heroes. That does not mean you can't try to solo her, but in that case, make full use of her ability to take two Allies with her. Also, if you're playing her with other Heroes, I personally suggest using the Combined Turn variant, and see how awesome Aseke can be.

2. Yes, you can repeat the Action as many times as you want, and yes, it becomes more useful when you have a way to deal more damage with the short sword.

3. Yes, it's almost aways preferred to put the cloak on top of the deck.

4. It is indeed the second option, but you can use a different card with a Song Keyword to "fuel" Song of Hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Hijacking this instead of new thread.

What's the deal with Aseke's reward harp Voice of the Namekeepers?

I get what (I assume) it's trying to do: be pretty much a knockoff of Celenthia's book as a way to speed up the action type of a card at the cost of some Focus and discard/burial inconvenience.

It fails at this though, because there is literally no Regular instant cast song this could be used on fruitfully (or at all).

I guess saving a hand card for later without clogging up your hand is not nothing, but at the costs involved, it is really really bad if it's supposed to be the "main" (or only) utility of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.