Popular Tags: [View All]
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I just got this awesome game with the expansion, and it's my first time to play the base game as well.

Yesterday I tried a solo game to get to know the game, and I found that I was constantly referring to the rulebook to confirm whether an action I had just performed would lead to my stock value to increase or not. Maybe I just missed it, but is there a summary in the rules which lists in one place every action that raises the stock value?
If there isn't, would any kind soul list here which actions let you increase the stock value?

I understand so far that what raises your stock value is claiming a project, filing a patent, and having the highest patent for the technology that is leading in the current round during bookeeping (and of course selling/buying stocks).

Last question, maybe a little stupid but...you can buy your own shares, right??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you pretty much hit on all of the ways to boost stock prices. I got my copy on Sunday and have already squeezed in a 4-player game and a game against 3 AI decks! I have found that one of the best ways to increase stock prices is to claim projects, particularly whenever the AC/DC track favors project development. Also, if you are using the expansion, the stock prices may be adjusted up or down as a result of the secondary effects of event cards. Finally, when using AI decks, if I recall correctly, be sure NOT to adjust the stock market for AIs whenever they claim a patent, as the rules indicate. Players still receive this boost, however.

And yes, you can definitely purchase shares of your own stock.

(Edit: strikeout above. This AI stock price doesn't increase ONLY if the patent was previously claimed otherwise. Normal rules for players also apply. Credit Mike Mayer for correction.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshuaAcosta wrote:
Finally, when using AI decks, if I recall correctly, be sure NOT to adjust the stock market for AIs whenever they claim a patent,

Actually, the rules say you do adjust it. Check page 5 of the AI manual under the File A Patent section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
Hi all,

I just got this awesome game with the expansion, and it's my first time to play the base game as well.

Yesterday I tried a solo game to get to know the game, and I found that I was constantly referring to the rulebook to confirm whether an action

I wound up making my own little help sheet to remind me. Looks like you mentioned all the ways stocks can move. (other than event cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Mayer wrote:

Actually, the rules say you do adjust it. Check page 5 of the AI manual under the File A Patent section.

Ahhh, my mistake! You're right. I was confused by this sentence in the rulebook: "If the patent is already taken, the AI does not claim that patent or receive a stock price increase." But you're correct. I does say immediately before that that their stock price does increase by a number of spaces equal to the level of the patent. Thanks for clearing this up!

(Edited my previous post to reflect this error so others aren't confused.)

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:

I understand so far that what raises your stock value is claiming a project, filing a patent, and having the highest patent for the technology that is leading in the current round during bookeeping (and of course selling/buying stocks).

To this list I would add one item: stock value is also raised by being in the first position on the fame track at the end of a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Acosta
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:

To this list I would add one item: stock value is also raised by being in the first position on the fame track at the end of a round.

nice catch! totally missed this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.