Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Lovell
United States
Edgewood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it would ever be good to do this, but let's say a new player discarded a built ship to make room for a noble card. Especially in a two player game where there's only two ships in the first era, could this possibly break the game because selling goods would become very difficult?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
It won't break the game, it gives more points to the owner of the other ship. and there are 4 ships in 2 player games.

But if everybody discards their ships, there are 2 more ways of getting money. From influence tracks and treasury cards. Probably not enough to build often, you may end up your game with a very few stores and a lot of public buildings.

But I don't see a good reason to discard a ship anyway. They cost you goods, gives money and wigs during and at the end of the game, and I saw players winning with the ship strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It does seem to be a case of 'yeah you *could* do it. You could also bid all your money on your first power plant in power grid, effectively 'bresking' the game by taking yourself out of play for seversl turns. Why would you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.