Catacombs & Castles» Forums » General

Subject: When it will be delivered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danilo Festa
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS campaign says: ESTIMATED DELIVERY Nov 2016.
Can it be confirmed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are still not sure. I did ask and get a little bit of info on the KS comments page. Basically asked if it would be reasonable to estimate delivery from local hubs to backers starting in early February (if nothing else went wrong). Their response was that my estimate was a good one. I think thats the closest delivery date confirmation we are going to get until its on the boat. They are a good company that delivers a quality product, but anyone who backed 3rd edition, looked at previous fulfillment dates, or listened to previous backers during the KS campaign should have realized that the November date was a fairy tail unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed Catacombs 3E, which ended up being 10 months late. (The campaign was April 2014, with estimated delivery November 2014, and actual delivery September 2015!)

I recall seeing an interview from Essen 2014 where Elzra still claimed that they were hoping to be delivering in November 2014 when there was clearly no possible way that they were going to make that date. But I cut them some slack because they were new at this.

I like Catacombs 3E, my kids love it, and I'm glad I have it. But when I saw the Catacombs & Castles campaign in June 2016 showing an obviously unfinished game and estimating a completely unrealistic November 2016 delivery, I balked. Either Elzra hadn't learned from the experience of their first campaign or they were being blatantly dishonest. And from the last campaign update I viewed last month, they are still demoing a prototype. At this point, I think a February 2016 delivery date is extremely optimistic. With luck, you'll all have your games by next summer. Fingers crossed.

As for whether Elzra is a good company, I'll agree that they deliver (eventually) a good product. But they are not a good company when it comes to scheduling. Some might say, oh well, that's Kickstarter for you -- KS games are always late. To that I can point to a number of companies (e.g., Red Raven, Action Phase, Gamelyn, Stonemaier, Green Couch, and more) that I've backed multiple times that consistently deliver their games on time, even early, or rarely 2-4 weeks late due to a local shipping snafu.

There are a lot of game companies out there competing for our money; I'd rather support the ones who use KS to fund their manufacturing, rather than their development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.