$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 112.23

6,896 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.5% of Goal | left

Support:

J.D. Hall
msg tools
Found this on CNN's Business Section, so, you know, liberal bias, something, something, something...

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/18/news/economy/obamacare-entre...

In deep red Oklahoma, I've had good friends who are conservative Republicans voice the same concern to me -- privately, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Found this on CNN's Business Section, so, you know, liberal bias, something, something, something...

In deep red Oklahoma, I've had good friends who are conservative Republicans voice the same concern to me -- privately, of course.

Anecdata, but when I ran my own 1-person business, Obamacare provided me & my family better coverage for less $ than I had when I actually worked at my previous employer, a small (< 100 ppl) business using pre-ACA insurance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
but when I ran my own 1-person business, Obamacare provided me & my family better coverage for less $ than I had when I actually worked at my previous employer, a small (< 100 ppl) business using pre-ACA insurance.

Sure, my family helped pay for yours. So fuck you, stop stealing from my kids to pay for yours.

If you cant afford to insure your family, maybe you should find a new line of work or stop shitting out kids you cant afford.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
Sure, my family helped pay for yours. So fuck you, stop stealing from my kids to pay for yours.

If you cant afford to insure your family, maybe you should find a new line of work or stop shitting out kids you cant afford.

i think its fine to give money to job creators like jasonwocky by "stealing" it from assholes like you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

Anecdata, but when I ran my own 1-person business, Obamacare provided me & my family better coverage for less $ than I had when I actually worked at my previous employer, a small (< 100 ppl) business using pre-ACA insurance.

How long ago was this? Seems that the rates have jumped and are going to jump up even more next year (I don't know, I don't have ACA coverage).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Sarxis wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

How long ago was this? Seems that the rates have jumped and are going to jump up even more next year (I don't know, I don't have ACA coverage).

The article was date 11/18/16, and discusses their worries that Trump and the Republicans will take away their coverage, so I am assuming it's recent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
but when I ran my own 1-person business, Obamacare provided me & my family better coverage for less $ than I had when I actually worked at my previous employer, a small (< 100 ppl) business using pre-ACA insurance.

So you do hate small business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
brkmrtn wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:

And poor people. And driving on publicly-funded roads. And agencies that determine the safety of food, drugs, and water. And a military that defends the country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
brkmrtn wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:

And poor people. And driving on publicly-funded roads. And agencies that determine the safety of food, drugs, and water. And a military that defends the country.

Also, he would like his children to catch tuberculosis, typhus and pneumonia from all those people who can't afford proper health care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
jeremycobert wrote:
So fuck you, stop stealing from my kids to pay for yours.

Do you know how insurance pools work?? :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
jasonwocky wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

I'm not surprised given that both markets - individual and small group insurance - have similar risk pools.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:

lol. I paid several people's share in taxes those years. But you see, Obamacare was still the best deal around for an individual buying health insurance for him and his family.

Rudy Giuliani even had a quote about me and how I used Obamacare:
Quote:
“The reality is, this is part of our tax code. The man's a genius."

So if you can't afford to kick in to help keep insurance rates down for everyone like I did, fuck off and get a better job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:
remorseless1 wrote:

I went back to W-2 in February of this year at a company that's part of a much larger pool.

Before then, heath insurance was fine under the ACA. Even if they went up by 20% they would have beat what I paid when I worked for a small company in 2011.

Small business health insurance rates were shit back then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
So fuck you, stop stealing from my kids to pay for yours.

Do you know how insurance pools work?? :/

He's proved by his posts that he knows how nothing works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If people were mad about high premiums before, just wait until Trump tosses out the individual mandate and subsidies while keeping the pre-existing condition provision. A 25% increase will feel like a best-case scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
If people were mad about high premiums before, just wait until Trump tosses out the individual mandate and subsidies while keeping the pre-existing condition provision. A 25% increase will feel like a best-case scenario.

That's Republicanism 101: Screw everything up, and then point at the government and say, "Look at how broken it is!"

That and catchy names. I admit, they're good at catchy names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.