Mistfall: Heart of the Mists» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crushing Assaut and Song of Hope rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Are active encounter cards also 'in play'?

I had drawn the Crushing Assault encounter and during the hero phase played the Song of Hope card. This allowed me to place an objective token on the active encounter card.

In addition the Crushing Assault encounter card lets you place an objective token on the encounter card at the start of the encounter phase.

So ... once I started the Encounter phase there were 2 objectives tokens on the card resulting in obtaining the end condition of the encounter card hence resolving that part of the round (resting, reward sharing etc.).

Since I only had killed 1 enemy my group of heros still had several enemies in their hero and quest areas. It felt a bid odd that without any real fight I was able to end the encounter very fast this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G. Kubacki
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Encounters don't end immediately upon reaching their end conditions. You check them only during the Encounter Phase. This means that you have to actually go through the Hero Phase, as well as the Defence Phase, before the Encounter may end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hofland
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Yes but after reading my comments what I meant was that the Song of Hope can place an objective counter on the encounter card during the Hero Phase.

Then at the start of the Encounter Phase an additional objective token is placed on the encounter card.

After this start of the Encounter Phase you check the End condition for the encounter which, in this case, means that 2 objective tokens are on the cart and the end condition for the encounter is met.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would seem to me that story-wise, Crushing Assault is putting a token on the card and ending quickly because the enemies are dashing up to you, beating the snot out of you quickly and then running away. A very fast Crushing Assault, as it were.

Your character's Song of Hope provided a quicker exit for your heroes, basically allowing them to retreat from the Assault faster than the enemies intended, so they only got on enemy turn rather than the 2 they intended.

Maybe the Song of Hope was simply "RUN!" and you did just that. Boom, encounter over. The enemy didn't have plans after hitting you, so they just left.

I don't have my cards left, so this is pure speculation. Add grains of salt to taste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.