Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Diego
Spain
San Juan
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! We are starting a 7-players 1805 game (PBEM) and found a rule question on the first day. Prussia DOW Mecklenburg and Russia refused to control it (12.31.3.3.a). ¿Is Mecklenburg deemed conquered by 12.31.3.3.b or have the rest of the powers (wich has no specific diplomatic modifier on chart of page 8 ) a chance to gain control of Mecklenburg (and start a war with Prussia), by die roll if necessary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Diego
Spain
San Juan
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm talking about rules rewrite 1.42, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juan Diego wrote:
¿Is Mecklenburg deemed conquered by 12.31.3.3.b or have the rest of the powers (wich has no specific diplomatic modifier on chart of page 8 ) a chance to gain control of Mecklenburg (and start a war with Prussia), by die roll if necessary?

They have a diplomatic modifier of 0, and it's better than a negative one.

If you assume that a Power without printed modifier (well, are you going to print all those 0? really?) is not allowed and that the decision goes to Powers with negative modifiers, then you are assuming that during Diplomacy those 0 Powers can't roll on the minor, or that the minor prefers to go with an antagonist better than with a non-antagonist. Or having a situation where a minor could go to a 0 mod Power during diplomacy but not wanting to be protected by those Powers in case of invasion (and wanting to be protected by his "enemies".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vikat
Spain
flag msg tools
Hola, antes de contestar con mi respuesta me surje una pregunta muy obvia, y es q siendo españoles por q no escribís tb en español. Creo q podría servir a personas como yo q entramos aquí para leer, acerca de este juego.

En cuanto a lo q comentas, yo tb estoy estoy echando una por pbem, y justamente soy Prusia, y en parte diplomática de instaurar embajadas gratis en los países menores en base a la influencia, yo he tirado 2d6 por Mecklenburg, q no esta controlado por ningun jugador, teniendo un modif +1 en la tirada.
Me salió un 5+2=7 no lo conseguí pero si hubiera sacado un 11 o 12 si, entonces como Rusia tb tiene influencia diplomática sobre ese país menor, tendría q decidir si lo controla o no, y en función entrar en guerra con Prusia, o , quedármelo yo directamente

Hello, before answering with my answer I have a very obvious question, and it is q being Spanish because you do not write in Spanish. I think it could serve people like me who came here to read, about this game.

As for what you commented, I'm also putting one for pbem, and I'm just Prussia, and partly diplomatic to establish free embassies in the smaller countries based on the influence, I have pulled 2d6 for Mecklenburg, q is not controlled By any player, having a modif +1 on the roll.
I left a 5 + 2 = 7 I did not get it but if I had taken 11 or 12 if, then as Russia has diplomatic influence on that smaller country, I would have to decide whether to control it or not, and in function to enter into war with Prussia , Or, keep it to me directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.