Subject: Question about Trog War Party tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Schonfeld
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Just played my first game and really enjoyed it! But I had a question I couldn't figure out from the rules or from these forums. In the 4P game, when a Trog player moves into and ends their move action in a region with a Trog War Party token but has no remaining Trogs in their reserve, do they resolve the token like the other players do, meaning lose a unit, add the crystals, and discard the card? Or do they not lose units because they're Trogs moving into their own War Party token?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linkd125 wrote:
Just played my first game and really enjoyed it! But I had a question I couldn't figure out from the rules or from these forums. In the 4P game, when a Trog player moves into and ends their move action in a region with a Trog War Party token but has no remaining Trogs in their reserve, do they resolve the token like the other players do, meaning lose a unit, add the crystals, and discard the card? Or do they not lose units because they're Trogs moving into their own War Party token?

Thanks for the help!

You resolve the token as normal, but the Trogs do not lose a unit if there are no Trogs to place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schonfeld
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for the help James! It also appears that Trogs do not need to end their movement when they reach a war party token, right? So another way of saying it could be they receive the benefits of the tokens but do not have the same restrictions as the other players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linkd125 wrote:
Thanks for the help James! It also appears that Trogs do not need to end their movement when they reach a war party token, right? So another way of saying it could be they receive the benefits of the tokens but do not have the same restrictions as the other players.

They do not "end" their movement, but they do interrupt it when entering a space with a Trog Token, so you can't move through a region with unresolved tokens, you would move in, resolve tokens, then continue movement if you have more movement points to spend.

Quote:
If a Trog Unit enters a Region with a Trog War Party/ Nest token, immediately reveal the token and place all Crystals and Trog Units as usual. These Units are available to the Trog player for use, even during the current Movement Action if there are remaining Movement Points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schonfeld
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Makes sense thanks for the help. We didn't get the full experience out of the first game since we didn't understand how the Trog tokens worked, but I'm looking forward to playing while knowing how to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.