$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
This game looks amazing from a hardcore board gamer's view. The simplicity of the game and the strategy of the game seem unparalleled in the miniatures world. This game seems to bridge board gamers into the miniature realm and it includes DRAFTING! The dice mechanics are insane (math teacher approved). The variability of this game is also amazing. Let me know what you think in the comments.

I remember when Blood Rage kickstarter came out and I told everyone that it would be one of the best games of the year. People were very defensive and said that there is no way knowing that without playing the game. The gameplay videos are easy to see that this game is so great.

Conan also looked awesome, but there are too many similar games that I have. Too many minis, not enough time to paint them all! cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Antivelar wrote:
This game looks amazing from a hardcore board gamer's view. The simplicity of the game and the strategy of the game seem unparalleled in the miniatures world. This game seems to bridge board gamers into the miniature realm and it includes DRAFTING! The dice mechanics are insane (math teacher approved). The variability of this game is also amazing. Let me know what you think in the comments.

I remember when Blood Rage kickstarter came out and I told everyone that it would be one of the best games of the year. People were very defensive and said that there is no way knowing that without playing the game. The gameplay videos are easy to see that this game is so great.

Conan also looked awesome, but there are too many similar games that I have. Too many minis, not enough time to paint them all! cry

Thank you Anthony, this is very kind. Bridging board games and Miniatures games is what I tried to do with Mythic Battles: Pantheon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Marks
United States
Sioux falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all the minis and multiple boards, I'm thinking of; a day with friends, drafting our teams, and playing a round robin tournament. I'm very much looking forward to this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
No, thank you Benoit. I really can't wait for this to come out. I do think the next step and push for a lot of board games is competitive play. This game seems like it can have great organized play. Is there any thought of having organized formats or play in the future? Hopefully there can be some sort of different limited play.

Also if you ever need any testing of certain models, I can help with balance. Balance in Blood rage is one of my only concerns because some cards are just so much more powerful than the others that it makes no sense to draft the others. Changing the choices in Mythic Battles can really change up how organized play could be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lox
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Yes the combination of drafting, dice mechanics, minis, and variety of gameplay with skirmish and 50+ unique scenarios should make this game a real hit. Plus the Greek mythology theme is very well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Antivelar wrote:
No, thank you Benoit. I really can't wait for this to come out. I do think the next step and push for a lot of board games is competitive play. This game seems like it can have great organized play. Is there any thought of having organized formats or play in the future? Hopefully there can be some sort of different limited play.

Also if you ever need any testing of certain models, I can help with balance. Balance in Blood rage is one of my only concerns because some cards are just so much more powerful than the others that it makes no sense to draft the others. Changing the choices in Mythic Battles can really change up how organized play could be.

We are in touch with Asmode/FFG to distribute the game since almost one year. This will very be probably confirmed soon and Asmodée/FFG will then do organized play.

We will support organized play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dominguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Awesome! Hoping you guys can meet the schedule of December next year or earlier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be a downer or anything but do you really think best game of the year? The original Mythic Battles wasn't even in the top 10, or even top 500. From what I've read, there's only been a few modifications and the addition of the minis. Do you think that's enough to move the game up that much?

I'm not trying to be negative, because I'm actually considering backing it, but I haven't pulled the trigger and I'm waiting for someone to convince me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
Let the convincing commence. So when I saw that this game was coming out. I also saw that on Amazon I could get all the expansions and the game for under $50. I started reading about the game and was like why would this game be good if the last one wasn't that great. Well the problem with the last game wasn't the mechanics or theme or even the gameplay. The problem was that the game wasn't much more just two sides fighting it out without miniatures.

Three reasons why this game will be much better are:
Drafting: the drafting mechanic is great and there will be a lot of options with the kickstarter. (I actually hope they will give kickstarter exclusives out for organized play)

Miniatures: Having a miniatures game with out miniatures is like having an RPG with no Role Playing (D&D 4th edition). The miniatures are a draw to the game and they create more interest in the game. I really hope this starts with a lot of interested players because that is what will keep this game going for years.

Scenarios: The amount of different ways to play the game makes this game and ageless game. The theme in each scenario has been incredible.

Bonus:Gods: In the first version you didn't play with Gods. Playing with the Gods adds a lot of strategy and makes the battles more exciting.

I hope this convinces you to back it, because if you don't, I think you will regret it. Just like so many backers did on Blood Rage. I understand that I haven't tested this game before. But I am really good at choosing games based on the mechanics and this one is a home run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Never played the original so can't comment on it. Played this one a bunch of times and it took just the first to get me hooked. I played it with standees originally so it's not that I was distracted by the minis, it was the gameplay that did it. I'm heavily into my FFG organised play and hoping that Mythic Battles: Pantheon will get the same treatment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
Which year?

2017 BC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tlee33 wrote:
Not to be a downer or anything but do you really think best game of the year? The original Mythic Battles wasn't even in the top 10, or even top 500. From what I've read, there's only been a few modifications and the addition of the minis. Do you think that's enough to move the game up that much?

I'm not trying to be negative, because I'm actually considering backing it, but I haven't pulled the trigger and I'm waiting for someone to convince me

The original game, i feel had distribution issues. It wasn't well known. And there was a 'critical' flaw in which there were only two sides so eventually you would be running the same sort of game.

The core gameplay was amazing! The battles were always stimulating and it was a game where you didn't quite know who would be able to oull off a win until it happened (take that to mean both players could win regardless of how you built your army). It was a seriously underrated game.

Pantheons fixes a lotta things, not least of which there are no "sides". You pick your god and any type of forces will work for you. This will keep the gameplay fresh for many games to come.

The most important thing in a game, to me, is meaningful decisions. This game is FULL of them. When do you play AoW cards is huge and despite it being one mechanic it has many uses. Do you string a second activation or do you pull a card from your deck? Or do you spend two cards to do both, keeping in mind they are a desperately dwindling resource.

I considered the original rules a work of art. Minis just add icing on the cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm almost there. Will probably back it, but now I'm looking at all of the add-ons. Those look tempting too! Maybe I'll just add all th exclusive sets first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saber72 wrote:
jpat wrote:
Which year?

2017 BC

To be honest I also have a very, very good feeling about this game.

Logically I will go all-in plus some for this KS!!
I'll probably spend more on this one than on any previous KS I backed (50+) ...

Already looking forward to the next Xmas holidays!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
tlee33 wrote:

I think the first game does not rank among the top 500 because it just did not deserve it. The game came with ergonomics issues (stat cards to be sorted out…) which caused a long installation time… I think the gameplay was good even but could be improved. The game material and the tokens representing the units were really not helping with game immersion.

I strived with the reboot of the game to solve these issues… As per the feedbacks we collected at the occasion of the 800+ public demoes we had, it seems to work pretty well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I agree with you Benoit! Long installation time for board game is a drawback for me. I had many games with good miniature and gameplay but they usually take a longer time to set up (ex. The Others). The board kinda solve this problem in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm overall disappointed with the unlocked minis. The Titan is awesome, mostly because he's huge. For the rest, it's girls with boobs, guys with swords/axes/bows and a Cthulhean Poseidon from the carribbean seas. The theme would have allowed more imho. They didn't push the envelope as far as I expected. A ton of minis indeed, but mostly human ones or alike. I was rather pleased with the ones from their previous campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
I'm overall disappointed with the unlocked minis. The Titan is awesome, mostly because he's huge. For the rest, it's girls with boobs, guys with swords/axes/bows and a Cthulhean Poseidon from the carribbean seas.

Well .. I didn't expect that much from the minis and in my opinion, mostly they're decent enough. It's not Raging Heroes or KD quality; some are really quite good and others are a bit meh "oldskool" 80s style.

If there's one thing I have concerns about it's the special abilities so many units outside the core box have. Especially the stun, club, web, chain, petrification, deceit, eye and rapture tokens that can render your army completely immobile and sidelined if you don't have dozens of AoW cards available to undo them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Teowulff wrote:
[q="poifpoif"]

If there's one thing I have concerns about it's the special abilities so many units outside the core box have. Especially the stun, club, web, chain, petrification, deceit, eye and rapture tokens that can render your army completely immobile and sidelined if you don't have dozens of AoW cards available to undo them.

This is why drafting is so important in the game… You have to adapt your war band to the draft of your opponent.

Anyway, if a player drafts Units only to hinder your troops (Andromeda, Orpheus, Medea…), I think it is a very risk taking composition. You need stronger Units to protect these guys who are pretty weak in fighting… They are not really good at killing other troops or picking omphalos… which are the two victory conditions. So they are good but you need protections and muscles to assist them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.