BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: Valid and Verifiable Information? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hey guys. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.

I've been entering Official Contests for a while now, and I just read the fine print... haha. I noticed this,
The contest is open to all BoardGameGeek.com members who have entered valid and verifiable information upon registration, including name and email address.

So, I never entered my actual name to the site, but I've never had any problems. I would just send my name and address to sellers when buying on the Marketplace, or, for example, to whoever donated a game that I won in the Jack Vasel Auction Fund.

I thought, if I win the draw in these contests, I'm just going to get a geekmail and they will ask me for my name and address, right?

Well, I'm not so sure anymore. My email is valid, for sure, and it's been the same one since the beginning, but... what about the name? How do you make it "verifiable"?

Any info appreciated. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
(Volunteer admin - just another user).

There are plenty of previous winners who aren't displaying their real name.

I'd assume you'd just be contacted for the full details. I think the point is that you need to be contactable to 'verify' the details. I'd make sure correct email is attached to your account.

See previous winners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.