Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thinking of backing the kickstarter. How much luck would you say is in the game? I know that the game has dice. Do their outcomes greatly swing the game?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This game has been out for a couple of years. Have you checked out some of the online reviewers for opinions? Those opinions are mixed for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lufcy
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I would say the game is 75% skill and planning and 25% luck. The dice really just change the type of resource you get in the game, they dont really change how much you get. And there are ways to exchange resources for different types. I have had the game since gencon 2015 and it is a regular favorite among my play group. The expansion really seems to be providing more diversity to the game. I would really suggest it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably less than most card-driven games, as you do not dump your hand at the end of your turn. Meaning even if temporarily unable to accomplish an encounter, you can retain the helpful cards in your hand, and add to them. (as opposed to discarding all)

Your choice in the amount of risk you are willing to take (particularly with damage cards in your deck) is much more responsible for your success than luck of the draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I had more concern about the dice. I am usually less bothered by card luck for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Hester
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
meow
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you have little to fear. The dice are an extremely inconsequential aspect of this game, and their impact mitigated by the asteroid encounter's trade ability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.