SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about buying goods (Box 2 spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike A
msg tools
mbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The rules state that when buy goods in a region you need to have a ship present. However if you have an active colony in the region could you not just buy goods directly to your local warehouse? Ship present or not?

It would seem this is not allowed but was wondering if this was a rules oversight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the rule is the rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule seems clear enough. If you need a rationalization, consider that
the goods in question (each "unit" of which is enough lumber/iron/whatever to fill half the hold on a basic ship) is on the other side of the island from your colony. The land between your and that tribe/whatever that has the goods is rough/mountainous/jungle/whatever, and if there are any roads, they are rudimentary at best. In short, the only feasible way to transport the goods is by ship.

If you need further rationalization, the purse-strings are held by you and your captains -- which is why you have to provide the colonies with an allowance before they are willing to get out of bed on your behalf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary g
msg tools
mbmbmb
Alright so ship being present isn't on the "Sell Goods" action.

Can I "Colonies Collect" a good into my colony warehouse and then on my turn use Sell Goods action to a market ON the island my colony is at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I don't think so.

The colony is a separate region from the island, so goods in the colony warehouse are not at the region with the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.