$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 124.88

7,445 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.9% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Dominion (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Base Cards - Second edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just got a copy of Dominion Second Addition, and am looking to start expanding.

The Base Card sets (which let you go to more players) - I don't show a second edition set, I assume the 1st edition sets are the same?


I know that there's a second edition intrigue, are they going to do second editions of all the expansions?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brandt
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The current Base Cards that are available aren't quite the same as what's in Dominion Second Edition; the Second Edition cards have larger point/coin icons. My understanding is that once the current stock of Base Cards runs out, the next printing of Base Cards will match Dominion Second Edition. You can see what they look like here - http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Base_Cards

The current plan is that future printings of expansions will have improved wordings and layout that Empires, Dominion Second Edition, and Intrigue Second Edition have, but no more cards will be replaced.

Only a couple cards will get changes: Possession (from Alchemy), which got errata in Empires, will be worded to match the new rule in Empires, and the wording for Pirate Ship (from Seaside) will be changed to not clash with the wording used for cards that get Coin tokens (from Guilds).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeljb wrote:
The current Base Cards that are available aren't quite the same as what's in Dominion Second Edition; the Second Edition cards have larger point/coin icons. My understanding is that once the current stock of Base Cards runs out, the next printing of Base Cards will match Dominion Second Edition. You can see what they look like here - http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Base_Cards

The current plan is that future printings of expansions will have improved wordings and layout that Empires, Dominion Second Edition, and Intrigue Second Edition have, but no more cards will be replaced.

Only a couple cards will get changes: Possession (from Alchemy), which got errata in Empires, will be worded to match the new rule in Empires, and the wording for Pirate Ship (from Seaside) will be changed to not clash with the wording used for cards that get Coin tokens (from Guilds).


So here's a good question, when they flip to the new print styles for the base cards, will they label them second edition?

What about for the expansions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other second editions will not be labeled as such but there will be a way to know if it is in fact second edition. Stay tuned.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:
The other second editions will not be labeled as such but there will be a way to know if it is in fact second edition. Stay tuned.


Heh ok.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Hockey Mask wrote:
The other second editions will not be labeled as such but there will be a way to know if it is in fact second edition. Stay tuned.

All the ways to tell will vary by expansion (e.g. an expansion which shows full card images on the back can be distinguished from those images, while ones that don't can't be). However I know one way that will be consistent: where it says that this is an expansion and needs base cards to play with it, instead of mentioning that Intrigue has them, it will mention that the first edition of Intrigue has them.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten Robinson
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
michaeljb wrote:
The current Base Cards that are available aren't quite the same as what's in Dominion Second Edition; the Second Edition cards have larger point/coin icons. My understanding is that once the current stock of Base Cards runs out, the next printing of Base Cards will match Dominion Second Edition. You can see what they look like here - http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Base_Cards

The current plan is that future printings of expansions will have improved wordings and layout that Empires, Dominion Second Edition, and Intrigue Second Edition have, but no more cards will be replaced.

Only a couple cards will get changes: Possession (from Alchemy), which got errata in Empires, will be worded to match the new rule in Empires, and the wording for Pirate Ship (from Seaside) will be changed to not clash with the wording used for cards that get Coin tokens (from Guilds).


Wrt possession ...if I possess someone and trash a card earning one VP token plus half the value of the card trashed (rounded down) in VP tokens ... am I right in thinking, that I get those tokens, rather than the player, who is being possessed? We've not played it like that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
TrevorDay wrote:
Wrt possession ...if I possess someone and trash a card earning one VP token plus half the value of the card trashed (rounded down) in VP tokens ... am I right in thinking, that I get those tokens, rather than the player, who is being possessed? We've not played it like that.

As of Empires, Possession has errata to also give you tokens the player would get, which includes VP tokens.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BRYANT Burningham

Utah
msg tools
new user
Other than buying the new base cards, is there a way to get updated platinum/colony cards with the new artwork? I purchased a new 2nd edition Dominion, but I'm not a fan of using the old platinum/colony cards when we play Prosperity.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald X.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
bryburny wrote:
Other than buying the new base cards, is there a way to get updated platinum/colony cards with the new artwork? I purchased a new 2nd edition Dominion, but I'm not a fan of using the old platinum/colony cards when we play Prosperity.

As it stands, just buying Prosperity when it gets reprinted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.