7,509 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.3% of Goal | left

Support:

jMo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think my vision was that bad but after a few plays of the game (which I really do enjoy), I have encountered a bit of frustration with the advancement cards and was hoping that someone may have come up with an easy fix. The difficulty for me lies in the tiny bands of color and pattern that distinguish the three different levels.

For me the design is so small and the colors are quite similar. Not to mention that in our expansion the colors are slightly darker than the originals. After playing the game, deconstructing the cards and sorting them back into their original levels becomes a bit of a pain.

I've been thinking of altering the cards a bit and adding some type of dot of color (maybe acrylic paint) on an edge to make a bit more noticeable.

Has anyone come up with a good solution? It seems that it is unnecessarily difficult and there has to be clever fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
cooleyface wrote:
I didn't think my vision was that bad but after a few plays of the game (which I really do enjoy), I have encountered a bit of frustration with the advancement cards and was hoping that someone may have come up with an easy fix. The difficulty for me lies in the tiny bands of color and pattern that distinguish the three different levels.

For me the design is so small and the colors are quite similar. Not to mention that in our expansion the colors are slightly darker than the originals. After playing the game, deconstructing the cards and sorting them back into their original levels becomes a bit of a pain.

I've been thinking of altering the cards a bit and adding some type of dot of color (maybe acrylic paint) on an edge to make a bit more noticeable.

Has anyone come up with a good solution? It seems that it is unnecessarily difficult and there has to be clever fix.

Aren't the levels indicated by 1, 2, or 3 small dots below the price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
cooleyface wrote:

Aren't the levels indicated by 1, 2, or 3 small dots below the price?

Yes they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jMo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! I didn't see those dots. There was a group us looking over the cards and the rule book and we didn't pick up on the dots! Thank you. Still not obvi but much easier than those bars!

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even realize that the image borders had a different trim for the different card levels. The dots were immediately obvious to me as how you identify which level a card belongs to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's not about old age, I have perfect vision and am 33 yo, and I can't differentiate those bars either.

The dots, on the other hand, are extremely handy! And if ever doubtful, the powers of the advancement itself should help. Seems broken? Probably not level 1 then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.