Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C C
United States
Esky
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on learning Paths of Glory solo and was curious if anyone could share a Vassal VLOG?

As an example, a gentleman made a VLOG playthrough of GMT's Falling Sky. This made it really easy to follow the game and learn the proper flow. Here's the link below.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132252/pax-gallica-scenar...

Even if it's not as detailed as Pete Wagner's, I still think something like this would be extraordinarily helpful.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Finch
United States
Pearl River
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe there is currently a pbem tournament going on and the folks in it tend to be active on the consimworld site folder for pog. They may not be using vassal but there are 100 entries so you may get lucky if you ask there.
You may well end up with a vlog of one of the top players as a bonus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C C
United States
Esky
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, I'll check that out.

Though it means I need to learn how to navigate that forum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jepsen Preusse
Denmark
Copenhagen S
Denmark
flag msg tools
Look here:

http://acts.warhorsesim.com/pog.asp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Gregorio
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I wouldn't recommend using CSW to 'learn' POG. It is a good place to get questions answered but it's more akin to a searchable free-flowing conversation.

If you want to learn the game via examples (as opposed to solo play or just playing more experienced players) I'd also support the idea of going to ACTS. You won't find a lot of narrative "why I did this move" kind of information but you'll at least see what experienced folks are doing. If you can find a game with both players being very experienced you'll see some good play but, unfortunately, you won't see a lot of the 'tricks' happening as usually they are countered before they even can happen.

Approaches may differ of course, but I've always found it best to just jump into a game and worry less about losing and more about learning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C C
United States
Esky
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been very helpful just to watch the flow of actions on ACTS. Moreso than attempting to browse CSW, it's an odd style of forum. So far I've just been following through on Vassal in order to get a feel for the proper turn structure and such.

I'm hoping to try my first tabletop game this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Finch
United States
Pearl River
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, i only suggested CSW for the ask of folks for a game file. Sounds like they pointed you to ACTS to review so hopefully helpful even though not the original ask

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.