Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom-le-termite
United States
ft lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious if the recent implementation of the game on Yucata.de would have any impact of the gaming statistics of the game. It is a bit early to really say, but I noticed a slight increase of activity of the game by BGG users, which may correspond to the recent implementation.

here is the change over time of logged games by users on BGG. note that November value is estimated according to the current number to date in this month.

and here is the number of unique users

So yes, it seems that have a little effect. I will check if this continue sometimes next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't log my online plays of boardgames -- just my in-person plays. And I would be playing Attika in person if I could find it for a reasonable price. Love the Yucata.de implementation, and it makes me want to get the cardboard version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom-le-termite
United States
ft lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The implementation is nice indeed.

I know that each person is different regarding how to log games on BGG.
I personally think that, as long as I play with a live player, it does not really matter if he/she is right in front of me, or on the other side of the world. The time taken to complete the game and the experience of the game is still there.

I also understand that some will see this as an inflation of the logged games, but fact is, I played the game, I enjoyed it. By respect to the author of the game, I think it is fair that the game gets the statistic as "played", even if it was on a online implementation with live players.

One thing also is good to mention is, I was playing online some of the games before I join BGG. I therefore had no issue starting logging them as my other regular games.

If you have long log your face to face games, but not your online gaming, then I would see a lack of consistency on starting logging now. That being said, Since the online platforms keep an history of all played games, you can retroactively log them all. (which I did a couple of years ago for about 2000 games) It took me a while but to me, it fairly represent my actual gaming activity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately to many (insert you favorite curse words here) log their online plays of board games as board game plays and not as video game plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom-le-termite
United States
ft lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...is there such a thing as attika video game?

is a still frame a video?

I forgot we were on the internet and if someone disagree with you, you are obviously a (insert you favorite curse words here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically speaking:
Video Game -
a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or other display screen.

Board game -
A board game is a tabletop game that involves counters or pieces moved or placed on a pre-marked surface or "board", according to a set of rules.

That should fuel this argument for a bit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.