tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are peoples thoughts on this? Any good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Slagman
msg tools
mbmb
JayOBedlam wrote:
What are peoples thoughts on this? Any good?
Also something I would like to know. Is it really something that can be used to test new mechanics? Or is it playing around with existing themes/mechanics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Ord
United Kingdom
Darlington
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play a lot of Tabletop Simulator and generally it has all the features to let you play any kind of board game. The only things I've found to not work are games that are particularly dexterity based; despite being a physics-based simulator it can't quite pull off everything.

I use it to test PNP files, try out board games I'm not sure I'll like before purchasing and of course play games with friends that I can't meet up with in real life.

I can't recommend Tabletop Simulator unless you either:

1. Have friends that also own Tabletop Simulator.
2. Make your own games, you can test them without printing everything out.
3. Really really like solo games.
or
4. Are willing to risk playing with randoms (although they mostly seem to play Secret Hitler and CaH so even this is a toss up)

If you do fit any of those criteria though, absolutely grab it if you have even a passing interest. There are so many games ready to download from the workshop that you'll be spoilt for choice. I paid full price in Early Access and have no regrets whatsoever. If I feel like playing a game without organizing a full board game night I can just message a friend or two, host a server and we're playing something from the massive selection. Great stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have recently brought this, can you play a game on your own (to learn the basics of the game)??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leet72 wrote:
I have recently brought this, can you play a game on your own (to learn the basics of the game)??

Depends heavily on what game, or specifically what module (same game can be implemented in many different ways). So it's a yes and no. Most modules simply don't have many of the rules "programmed" in, they just give you all the components to play around with, so you as the player have to already know the rules. Just think of it more as "virtual components".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.