Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Griffiths
United Kingdom
Bexleyheath
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this for the first time and have two questions...

1) If I need an Adventurer and a torch to enter a room and another player also wants to get in there, I roll two adventurers and they roll two torches, can we share? Seems you can mostly share anywhere but exiting, tho this isn't specifically covered anywhere

2) We reveal the exit before the second gong. Do i need to go back to the centre or can I head straight to the exit? If I am in the exit chamber once the gong goes but haven't rolled to leave yet, presumably I lose a dice? If someone else gets out before that and gives me a die, do I still only lose the one?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't really ever share dice.

You "use" your yellow dice when you're helping out another adventure. You both are "using" your dice when trying to unlock a gem.

To enter another room, you have to "use" your dice.

And you can exit whenever you can, but it'd probably be difficult to exit that early unless you revealed a ton of gems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Griffiths
United Kingdom
Bexleyheath
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're misunderstanding my use of the word share... In the gems room when you want say, 7 keys , 4 from one players pool and 3 from another can be shared. They don't all come from the same player, in fact they can't. Gold skulls same thing - you're sharing your gold skull with another player. So there is precedent for sharing dice pool for actions

What I'm trying to understand if that extends to the move or reveal actions... There are no rules either way that I can see

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm certain you can not share move actions.

You can only share when activating gems.

Two other situations that feel like sharing:

You can use the power of a gold mask, for a friend, within the same room as you. You can't split the gold mask between you and your friend. You either heal yourself 2 black masks, or your friend 2 black masks.

If you escape the temple, you may leave one Dice (the temple exit key) behind, for another player to pick up, for assistance in existing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Griffiths
United Kingdom
Bexleyheath
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Also for the clarification on sharing the gold mask b- we played in that way but I still had a bit of a question mark there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Rodríguez
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
vaderag wrote:
Thank you. Also for the clarification on sharing the gold mask b- we played in that way but I still had a bit of a question mark there!

Why? All of the above have answered correctly.

These are actions allowed for "sharing" dice:

Taken from the official rules:
*Activating magic gems (torches/keys)
*Golden masks - Adventurers who are in the same chamber may help one
another. For example, if a player rolls a golden mask and
doesn’t use it for himself, one other player may use it to
break the spell on up to two of his accursed dice.

Note:
With each golden mask, you can help only one other
player. Helping one another this way does not change ownership of the dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.