6,404 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I just bought Descent 2nd Edition however I have not yet opened the game.

The reason I ask is because on the following page under "upcoming"(about half way down the page)they list the game as a "reprint" on 10/2016.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Anyone aware of an update or change? Should I wait until the next version comes out?

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
San Juan de Aznalfarache
Seville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless otherwise stated, a reprint is just that, another print run of the same game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Hammond
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
Have a look at the bottom of the box towards the right hand side that there is a item that says something like "now includes the Heirs of Blood campaign". This is how to tell the difference between the earlier Descent 2 and the later descent 2 releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
Canada
Campbell River
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...and Heirs of Blood is the superior base-box campaign according to most. (I bought in early and got The Shadow Rune in the box.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
Bghead8che wrote:
I just bought Descent 2nd Edition however I have not yet opened the game.

The reason I ask is because on the following page under "upcoming"(about half way down the page)they list the game as a "reprint" on 10/2016.

They sold out of the core game box (main FFG Descent page) thanks to the unexpected popularity and resulting sales after Road to Legend came out. So they're running another print. No plans on the horizon for Descent 3e that I know of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Great! That means I can open and enjoy ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
turbo_gecko wrote:
Have a look at the bottom of the box towards the right hand side that there is a item that says something like "now includes the Heirs of Blood campaign". This is how to tell the difference between the earlier Descent 2 and the later descent 2 releases.

Here is what I ordered. Is this the most recent version? I sure hope so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
oilerfan wrote:
...and Heirs of Blood is the superior base-box campaign according to most. (I bought in early and got The Shadow Rune in the box.)

I'm sorry. Not exactly sure what this means. Is there another version I should have bought instead?

Here's what I picked up:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1616611898/ref=oh_aui_deta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give them a couple more years of expansions you can buy, THEN, they will come out with third edition...

Which won't really be compatible with what you have purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Here is a link to "Heirs of Blood" for $25.00.

Does the most recent version of Descent include this $25 campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
Bghead8che wrote:

Yes, FFG replaced the previous campaign (shadow rune) with the heirs of blood campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Bucho22 wrote:
Bghead8che wrote:

Yes, FFG replaced the previous campaign (shadow rune) with the heirs of blood campaign.

OK. Got it!

I just hope the Amazon.com sold me the latest version. Sounds like they replaced the campaign a while back so I think my odds are good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rivsung
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine back when Shadow Rune was included but only recently began playing it. If I buy the Heirs of Blood Campaign separately will I have everything that is in the new version of Descent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
I believe other than errata (Probably? I don't own errata'd versions) nothing changes for game components between the Shadow Rune box and the Heirs of Blood box. If you buy the HoB campaign book you will have all you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
Catka wrote:
I bought mine back when Shadow Rune was included but only recently began playing it. If I buy the Heirs of Blood Campaign separately will I have everything that is in the new version of Descent?

Actually you'll have more since there's currently no way for people with the new core box to get a hold of the old campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.