Popular Tags: [View All]
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First time ever playing Labyrinth solo (base game, but Awakening bot, as people here said it's smarter and smoother).

Funding ample, no cells available (most of them having a party in Russia or IR Afghanistan).

Pakistan is Good, there is a cell in UK.

EvO: Nowhere to jihad, nowhere more cells, funding not moderate, cell not available, so it goes to Travel

Do I use Pririties Table first or OpP first? I reread the rules, and it seems I use OpP first, and then the PT picks from the eligible ones.

So let's see travel:

Poor Muslim with more cells. Nope. If recruit.. nope. Good muslim.
I go to PT, 4. Not IR leaves all of the options. 5. Pakistan leaves, well, Pakistan. So I move a couple of troops over from Afghanistan to Pakistan.

And later something like this happens again... and again... And the one cell in the UK (adjacent to a nonpatriot USA) does [b]nothing
. Is that normal? As far as I can see the only way it would travel to the US if I have a GWOT penalty, there are no cadres, and reserve is full... which is to say basically almost never.

Is that correct? Do I need to play on a higher difficulty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excuse me for inquiring about a matter not related to your topic, but is it easy to play the bot of the expansion to the core game ? How does it actually work ? ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi David,

You would first use the "Recruit and Travel To" flowchart of the OpP. If there are multiple possibilities within an OpP box, then move to the Priorities Table to select among them. Seems like you have done all of this correctly.

Those cells that were moved to Pakistan (Good) will trigger a Minor Jihad on the next card used for operations, so the Travel shouldn't just repeat. If either Jihad roll fails, the Bot will then have cell(s) to Recruit, so the Travel shouldn't repeat in that situation either. If the Jihad was successful, the bot will then have a Poor (Pakistan) with more cells than TandM.

The bot will also Travel to the US when it reaches the non-Muslim box on the OpP, due to row 15 of the Priorities Table.

Adam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I played correctly. I didn't mean they repeated immediately (I distrupted them out before they could Jihad, so it was a recruit next I think.
What I meant was that the "try and bomb the US" is so incredibly far down the priority list that it seems nigh impossible...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes, I think your impression is accurate. Fortunately, the additions of the expansion mean that the Jihadist can afford to almost ignore the WMD in the US victory, but players may still feel that the new Jihadist bot doesn't do enough to target the US. It's hard to say because every game and player will be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.