Dust 1947» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about new faction list. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Purves
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi all- just downloaded the new cards and faction list from the Dust 47 facebook page and was curious about what to do with my Blutkreuz starter. Specifically, the new faction list has not placed the Tropical Heinrich in the bleukreusz faction and has moved it to the NDAK faction. Does this mean that the KAMPFGRUPPE VON STEIN platoon is now basically illegal in terms of organization and cannot be used as a faction based force?
Its obviously something that one can house rule, but I was curious to see if anyone had heard anything about this shift.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
In the PDF of the rulebook I have, Frank has a platoon TO&E all his own.

It's on page 74.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deerteam wrote:
Hi all- just downloaded the new cards and faction list from the Dust 47 facebook page and was curious about what to do with my Blutkreuz starter. Specifically, the new faction list has not placed the Tropical Heinrich in the bleukreusz faction and has moved it to the NDAK faction. Does this mean that the KAMPFGRUPPE VON STEIN platoon is now basically illegal in terms of organization and cannot be used as a faction based force?
Its obviously something that one can house rule, but I was curious to see if anyone had heard anything about this shift.

Yes and no. When you build your army you have to make a few choices about the organization.

Your army can:
1. Be a Faction force
2. Contain one or more Platoon formations
3. Be both of the above
4. Be none of the above (you just take whatever you want up to your AP limit)

The Frank von Stein Starter can be used to build an army that contains the "Kampfgruppe von Stein", but since the Platoon includes a Unit from another sub-faction (NDAK) your army will not be a "Faction force" and will therefore not gain the 10% AP bonus.

If you remove the Tropical Heinrich (and add Blutkreuz/Bloc Units) you can make your army into a Faction Force and gain the 10% bonus, but it will no longer contain the "Kampfgruppe von Stein" Platoon.

So, in this case you have to choose between Faction Force or Platoon (or none of them), since you can't have both with these specific Units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Purves
United States
California
flag msg tools
MagWiz wrote:
Deerteam wrote:

Yes and no. When you build your army you have to make a few choices about the organization.

Your army can:
1. Be a Faction force
2. Contain one or more Platoon formations
3. Be both of the above
4. Be none of the above (you just take whatever you want up to your AP limit)

The Frank von Stein Starter can be used to build an army that contains the "Kampfgruppe von Stein", but since the Platoon includes a Unit from another sub-faction (NDAK) your army will not be a "Faction force" and will therefore not gain the 10% AP bonus.

If you remove the Tropical Heinrich (and add Blutkreuz/Bloc Units) you can make your army into a Faction Force and gain the 10% bonus, but it will no longer contain the "Kampfgruppe von Stein" Platoon.

So, in this case you have to choose between Faction Force or Platoon (or none of them), since you can't have both with these specific Units.

thanks for help with clarifying- it mirrors my understanding of the current situation. But just to confirm, prior to the new cards dropping, this was not the case, correct? Frank Von Steins platoon is listed in the rulebook as a Bleukreusz platoon, and the Heinrich's card in the starter has the faction symbol, so this is a change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus G
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deerteam wrote:
thanks for help with clarifying- it mirrors my understanding of the current situation. But just to confirm, prior to the new cards dropping, this was not the case, correct? Frank Von Steins platoon is listed in the rulebook as a Bleukreusz platoon, and the Heinrich's card in the starter has the faction symbol, so this is a change.

Dust Studio has stated that some Units will be part of more than one Faction. My guess is that the Heinrich will be one of those Units eventually, so it's possible to play the von Stein Platoon in a Faction Force.

If you want an Official answer you should probably post on their Facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.