40.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few occasions in Seafall where the Captain's Booke tells you to add a sticker that has a given effect, but doesn't add anything to the rulebook about what the effect is. So unless you mark the sticker with the relevant Booke entry or something, it's possible to forget what they do.

This thread'll be a reference for those. Each individual one is spoiler-tagged, so you won't need to see anything you don't want to.

1 Glory icon:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
I've seen this in multiple different places.

On a building site:
It provides +1 Glory as long as there's a building on that site. You do get the Glory in the game where you add the sticker (so long as you have a building there).

On the treasure room:
It provides +1 Glory as long as you have at least one treasure (explicitly a treasure, not other cards that go in your treasure room). You do get the Glory in the game where you add the sticker (so long as you have a treasure).

On a ship upgrade slot:
It provides +1 Glory as long as there's a upgrade on that slot. You do get the Glory in the game where you add the sticker (if you have an upgrade there).

+2 Gold icon:

This should be on an advisor, and marked with the player/province who triggered it. For that player, it costs 2 extra Gold to buy that advisor with gold. It doesn't affect buying with reputation or determining what advisor can be kept at the end of the game.

"Research (2 cards)":

Whenever you take the Research action, draw 2 cards and choose one to keep. This stacks with advisors or other bonuses that let you draw more cards. Having more than one of these stickers has no effect.

"Sell 3 Goods":

Whenever you take the Sell Goods action, you may sell 3 goods. This stacks with advisors or other bonuses that let you sell more goods.

Sticker A:

This has no inherent effect. The entry that added it also added an Event card that references it.

This sticker:

This is the Temple of Skulls. It has no inherent effect- you cannot raid or explore it unless some other effect explicitly mentions it. The entry that added it also added an Event card that references it.

The stickers depicting a head of various colors:

These are ancient statues: bronze, silver, and gold. They have no inherent effect- you cannot raid or explore them unless some other effect explicitly mentions them.

The small boxes in your "Home Enmity" box:

At the end of the game, each checked box counts as one automatic success in the roll to remove enmity tokens/stickers.

Goods stickers on your province board:

(Specifically, in the warehouse)

When taking the Sell Goods action, in addition to selling 2 goods plus any extra from advisors or other bonuses, you may sell one additional good, which must be of this type. (I think this has to be from the province warehouse, but I'd need to double-check the entry.)

Box 4 spoilers:

Veteran stickers (with a ship stat and 7 boxes):

Go over the relevant stat of a ship, increasing the cap for that ship's stat to 7.

Defense 7 sticker:

Increases the defense of the troubled waters in this space to 7.

Box 5 spoilers:

Enmity on advisors isn't a spoiler since it's in the rulebook: Increase the gold cost of that player hiring the advisor by 1 per sticker. I'd assume given precedent with related effects that that doesn't affect buying with reputation or determining which advisor the winner gets to keep at the end of the game.

There are also several Captain's Booke entries that say "For the rest of the campaign, players may shine the light of truth on X." They all affect all players, not just the one reading that particular entry. I'd suggest writing down what's been allowed so far to track them.

Here are the values of X I've encountered: (with some decoy entries to avoid spoiling how many there are)

The Tomb Map (on your turn)

Tablets in your treasure room (on your turn)

The backs of advisor cards (when you interrogate them)

(this space intentionally left blank)

(This is limited to what I've seen so far. Feel free to add any I'm missing in spoiler tags. I don't own my group's copy, so it'd be great if someone were to post images of the stickers I'm missing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great list! Thank you.

It would be great to turn this into a player aide. not sure how you do that without spoilers though. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.