Subject: How Much Player Interaction in De Vulgari Eloquentia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
I don't believe player interaction has to be wiping people or their resources out and such but I like competition for limited resources or action spaces that force players to have to make tough decisions as to what to do when.

I have been interested in De Vulgari Eloquentia for a long time and keep almost getting it. I just looked at one of the only 2 videos and it looks as though it has zero player interaction.

Can somebody comment on this please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cannon
United States
Annapolis
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player interaction is done through various scoring tracks. These are set up as races which players compete for over the course of the game. Number of actions each turn are fixed and your geographic location on the map creates player tradeoffs on how to spend your actions. In addition, first to move to a location can score a bonus tile but may be limited by the profession you have chosen. First to move in a turn can also pickup resources used for various scoring or actions so there is further competition around selecting turn order. Players must give up current turn actions to improve their turn order. Otherwise it is based on position on the Knowledge track which changes based on actions taken throughout the game.

Very fun game. I've taught it to about 10 players now and they all have enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one that I've owned since it came out...still in shrink...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is hidden interaction too.

For example, knowing when to rest in order to grab votes before everyone else. If you are merchant, it is certainely a good move to grab those black cubes before the religious because they are the main source of money to them.

The game unfold and reveals itself with repeated plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Burcht
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best interaction for me is that when players become monk or cardinal it really affects other players. I would say this has more interaction than most of the eurogames I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.