5 Posts

Flamme Rouge» Forums » Variants

Subject: Small variant: draw exhaustion card immediately rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
France
flag msg tools
Small variant proposal:

When you need to draw an exhaustion card, you put it on top of your deck instead of at the bottom.
That way, if you make an effort to reach the top of the mountain, you know that you can play the exhaustion card on next turn and this will be a five (little advantage).

I find this a little more strategic (you can control more when you get rid of the exhaustion), and a little more realistic (if you make an effort, you usually slow down immediately).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Mattray
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
panda_adnap wrote:
Small variant proposal:

When you need to draw an exhaustion card, you put it on top of your deck instead of at the bottom.
That way, if you make an effort to reach the top of the mountain, you know that you can play the exhaustion card on next turn and this will be a five (little advantage).

I find this a little more strategic (you can control more when you get rid of the exhaustion), and a little more realistic (if you make an effort, you usually slow down immediately).

Interesting, i will try. :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might make sense on the ills, but won't this make it harder to break away on the flat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
I guess it can, but it is one card out of the four you have.
But you can argue it also make it easier if you have multiple cyclists break away as they can alternate leading resulting in having almost no exhaustion card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
panda_adnap wrote:
Small variant proposal:

Actually we played it like that the first time we played Flamme Rouge. But it was by mistake, because we didn't know the rule where to put the Exhaustion Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.