BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon]7 Wonders Duel $18.89 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nguyen Anh Tung
Vietnam
flag msg tools
BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/173346/7-wonders-duel
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/7-Wonders-Duel-Board-Game/dp/B014DMST...
Lowest price ever according to camel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
They are matching the Target 30& off sale price (using code PLAY). If you don't have prime, Target ships everything for free right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greg piotrowski

Doylestown
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
totally in on this. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Garcia
United States
Wyoming
flag msg tools
Man I'm tempted to jump on this. If 7 Wonders is my favorite game, but I have trouble usually getting 2 other people for it to play, is Duel a no brain purchase? My gf and I are usually the gamers, but sometimes it's hard to get another player right now.

Also, I've had Seasons on my radar. If I got Duel for half the price of Seasons, is it still worth looking into Seasons? I know they both have card play and such, but I was just wondering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Woodson
United States
Centerton
AR
flag msg tools
mb
viced92 wrote:
Man I'm tempted to jump on this. If 7 Wonders is my favorite game, but I have trouble usually getting 2 other people for it to play, is Duel a no brain purchase? My gf and I are usually the gamers, but sometimes it's hard to get another player right now.

Also, I've had Seasons on my radar. If I got Duel for half the price of Seasons, is it still worth looking into Seasons? I know they both have card play and such, but I was just wondering.

My 2 cents... I have never played seasons but have 7WD. If your gf enjoys 7 Wonders then pull the trigger. It has a very interesting pick and reveal mechanic that adds depth as well as the extra victory conditions. If I were u and had $19 in disposable income I would pull the trigger fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ryan35 wrote:
viced92 wrote:

My 2 cents... I have never played seasons but have 7WD. If your gf enjoys 7 Wonders then pull the trigger. It has a very interesting pick and reveal mechanic that adds depth as well as the extra victory conditions. If I were u and had $19 in disposable income I would pull the trigger fast.

And I'm in the opposite boat...never played Duel, but own Seasons

I own 7 Wonders though...so I'm not totally in the dark. I feel like they are different enough. You are pretty much just creating a large tableau in 7 Wonders, and scoring points (although I hear the military is a little more "interactive" in the Duel...push/pull and such).

In Seasons you are also building a tableau but you can pull of some fun combos for points if you get your cards down in the correct order. There are some cards that "attack" other players...just steal points and stuff, nothing too crazy. And the big dice used each season to get cards, gain elements needed to play cards, and slots to put down cards adds an extra flavor to the game that 7 Wonders doesn't have.

All that to say, I own both('ish), and have never felt they overlapped too much.

Both are great games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I just bought 7 Wonders duel on a B2G1 sale. I feel so disappointed now x.x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nguyen Anh Tung
Vietnam
flag msg tools
Dead now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.