Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is old news. White Dwarf is available November 25. Lots of Blood Bowl content, but the preview also lists the following:

"New Rules – for Warhammer 40,000, Lost Patrol, Imperial Knights: Renegade and Deathwatch Overkill."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Sorry if this is old news. White Dwarf is available November 25. Lots of Blood Bowl content, but the preview also lists the following:

"New Rules – for Warhammer 40,000, Lost Patrol, Imperial Knights: Renegade and Deathwatch Overkill."

Looks like you beat me to the news again, Mr Outlaw. ;-)

It's great to see them continuing to support D:O (and frankly surprising to see them supporting the drop-pod crash that is the new Lost Patrol) - it's starting to get my hopes up that they really might intend to support their boxed games on a long-term basis.

I took a 20-odd year break from GW, and it's great to have come back at a time when White Dwarf (and the company's ethos) seems to have transformed back to what I remember it being as a kid: rules, scenarios, new squads/gangs/teams for games, and everything else you could want for customising and enjoying your games.
Plus battle reports that are actually good.

I suppose I should do some totally arbitrary speculation about the Overkill content we might be getting...could it be new rules for the Genestealer Cult units and weapons that weren't included in the Overkill box? (Metamorphs, heavy mining tools, webbers, seismic cannons, etc...) Or a mission with the doomed Inquisitor and the Imperial Guard, to follow on from the Stormtrooper mission*?

A Jetek Suberei VS Goliath demolition derby? (Ok, maybe not.)

* Come to think of it...if the Imperial Agents codex they announced this weekend contains rules for the Arbites, it'd be a great opportunity for a custom campaign featuring a bit of role-reversal: a nascent Ghosar Quintus cult trying to take out the mining company's security forces and seize control of the mine for itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Breothain wrote:

I took a 20-odd year break from GW, and it's great to have come back at a time when White Dwarf (and the company's ethos) seems to have transformed back to what I remember it being as a kid: rules, scenarios, new squads/gangs/teams for games, and everything else you could want for customising and enjoying your games.
Plus battle reports that are actually good.

I think this is probably quite a common story, and pretty much mirrors my own. Games Workshop consumed every moment of my spare time as a kid, then I went to university and that was that. I next really paid attention when I purchased Space Hulk 3rd and Dreadfleet, but then there was nothing again until Execution Force kick-started the current situation.

Breothain wrote:

I suppose I should do some totally arbitrary speculation about the Overkill content we might be getting...could it be new rules for the Genestealer Cult units and weapons that weren't included in the Overkill box? (Metamorphs, heavy mining tools, webbers, seismic cannons, etc...)

This is almost certainly what it will be. Most of the new content does usually end up being a way to encourage a purchase, after all (which is fine by me, if the content is worth it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my issue this morning.... The new rules for Deathwatch allow the GS player to use the new Hybrid models GW have recently released (the Neophyte Hybrids and the Acolyte Hybrids)along with their new weapons in the exiting missions (no new missions are included). Basically, there's 3 lists of models that can replace Hybrids with Grenade LAunchers, Mining lasers and autopistols respectively plus any Autogun armed Hybrid can be swapped with one carrying a shotgun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rancemeister wrote:
Just got my issue this morning.... The new rules for Deathwatch allow the GS player to use the new Hybrid models GW have recently released (the Neophyte Hybrids and the Acolyte Hybrids)along with their new weapons in the exiting missions (no new missions are included). Basically, there's 3 lists of models that can replace Hybrids with Grenade LAunchers, Mining lasers and autopistols respectively plus any Autogun armed Hybrid can be swapped with one carrying a shotgun...

Yeah, that's exactly what I was expecting. Thanks for confirming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rancemeister wrote:

Awesome stuff, cheers Rancemeister!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Searles
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most exciting (for me) is they added the cult icon. I really like the Acolyte Iconward model but had no reason to pick it up until now. (The Cult Icon they are equipped with is not the Iconward's however, it's just the one from the Neophyte Hybrids and Hybrid Metamorphs box sets.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cool. I'm wondering if I'm going to pick it up though since they've taken to posting WD articles that expand games on the new GW Community site.

For example: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/14/treachery-rev...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
privateer4hire wrote:
This is cool. I'm wondering if I'm going to pick it up though since they've taken to posting WD articles that expand games on the new GW Community site.

For example: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/14/treachery-rev...

I was quite excited until I realised the box of 15 models required to run this content is £50. After my recent purchases of Prospero and all things Blood Bowl (by the way, the December White Dwarf is good if you like Blood Bowl), another £50 is going to break the bank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a regular 10-man Cadian squad and did some conversions using extra space marine heads and weapons bits I had. Shaving a flame thrower's nozzle down gives you one of those special laser weapons (can't recall the name).

That route saved me something like $30-$40 or so since it would have been $70 for 10 of the "real-deal" models. And since I'm the one who provides the models for the missions we play, it's not like anyone can complain

EDIT: And I wound up caving in and buying the DEC WD issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.