Grand Austria Hotel» Forums » General

Subject: Are there two equal daysides of the hotel boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After seen the image below, I think my game have a problem with the hotel boards and I got 2 of the same, because I don't have a board that show in the middle of the image (the one with 4 rooms).

I have 2 with 4 blue rooms in the dayside.

The 4 boards are different in the day side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The four boards should all be different, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it does look like you have a duplicate. That does not prevent you from playing the game, but in a four-player game you would not be able to have unique starting boards for all players. Hopefully the publisher will send you the missing board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aztarun wrote:

Well, after I had my mini-stroke and ripped apart the new printing of the game that I have here at BGG.Con, I can assure you that they are indeed different. With the first print at Essen (only) last year, there was a small problem with board collation that was resolved as much as possible onsite. In any event the current printing has four different boards (A has three blue doors going down from the upper left corner; B has a yellow door in the upper left corner; C has a blue door with a red door underneath in the upper left corner; D has a red door in the upper left corner). This should be enough for you to decode which you are missing and send a note to custserv@mayfairgames.com.

Thanks!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
Aztarun wrote:

Well, after I had my mini-stroke and ripped apart the new printing of the game that I have here at BGG.Con, I can assure you that they are indeed different. With the first print at Essen (only) last year, there was a small problem with board collation that was resolved as much as possible onsite. In any event the current printing has four different boards (A has three blue doors going down from the upper left corner; B has a yellow door in the upper left corner; C has a blue door with a red door underneath in the upper left corner; D has a red door in the upper left corner). This should be enough for you to decode which you are missing and send a note to custserv@mayfairgames.com.

Thanks!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations

Thanks Alex,

I buyed my copy from a Essen attendence last year, for me it was normal and I played the game many times until today that we played a 4 game with day side and a friend noted that 2 boards are equal. And so I was looking in the foruns and discovered that image.

I don't have C and had 2 D, it helped a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh, I have a duplicate board as well from the 1st printing. I'll have to figure that out, myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the board today, it was really fast and a great customer service.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.