Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schuette
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all.

What do you all think the timeline is for Marvel legendary?

I know in Smash Up for instance that they know there are at least three more expansions.

I love Legendary (everything but 3D here) and am just trying to think through the future. So let's hear some guesses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
??? ???
msg tools
gschuette wrote:
Hey all.

What do you all think the timeline is for Marvel legendary?

I know in Smash Up for instance that they know there are at least three more expansions.

I love Legendary (everything but 3D here) and am just trying to think through the future. So let's hear some guesses!

All we know is that we have the Noir expansion next spring and Buff, tje vampire slayer basegame/expansion next Autumn. But nothing is showing signs that the game is going anywhere anytime soon and that tjey will keep the 3-4 expansions per year cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think/hope Upper Deck's plan is still to release 2 small box Marvel expansions and 1 big box Marvel expansion each year. That's been Upper Deck's stated plan for years, and they haven't said otherwise. It seems as though they have expanded their release schedule to include one non-Marvel base set each year (Big Trouble in Little China this year, Buffy the Vampire Slayer next year).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dog
msg tools
I wouldn't expect Legendary to stop expanding any time in the near future, if that's what you're asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we may be in for a big box reboot of some sort. Something outside the ordinary. Maybe along the lines of the "Cosmic Core Set" that Dog (remind me who said that) a while ago.

I feel a shakeup coming, which is why we haven't heard about what's coming next year beyond Noir. I think there will be a more controlled release of info, so that UD can tell us exactly what's up with the CRAZY 2017 BIG BOX.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
I feel a shakeup coming, which is why we haven't heard about what's coming next year beyond Noir.

That's really not unusual. We typically learn about Upper Deck's later-in-the-year releases at the GAMA Trade Show (in March) or (as of last year, due to its increasing prominence in the industry) at the New York Toy Fair (in February).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dog
msg tools
runnestrand wrote:
I think we may be in for a big box reboot of some sort. Something outside the ordinary. Maybe along the lines of the "Cosmic Core Set" that _______ posited (remind me who said that) a while ago.

I know I did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schuette
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I'm really in the mood to speculate. It seems to me that the small boxes have started to aim more at big name characters (Cap and Deadpool) and then the big boxes aimed at storylines (although Noir kind of fits both). So speculation for next 6.

Spring 2017: noir
Summer 2017: Inhumans v Xmen (my main thought against this is that it doesn't get us antman, but could get us lots of others while still having new versions of the big xmen)
Fall 2017: Iron man (new iron man but also war machine, iron heart)
Spring 2018: 2099 (Spider-Man selling point)
Summer 2018: Avengers Assemble (ant man, wasp, but odinforce Thor for bigger name)
Fall 2018: Planet Hulk or Aforce

I feel like I'm missing galactic heroes. But to me it makes sense to have a storyline, - side universe, and a character themed box. Thoughts? What would you change out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jem
France
flag msg tools
I'm thinking that Marvel will want either a Civil War II big box or at least an All New big box in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope you're wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Schuette
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if they were planning Civil War 2 they would have done it post Civil War. I don't think they will wait and release it a year later. I could see All New All Different, in place of one of the big boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.