Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bandages/Whiskey Action: On other investigators? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I possess the Bandages, or Whisky, or some similar item... can I use the action (In Bandages case, remove 2 facedown damage) on other players in my space...

If the answer to the above is "yes" can I split the removal...i.e, one from my investigator and one from a buddy?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
If I possess the Bandages, or Whisky, or some similar item... can I use the action (In Bandages case, remove 2 facedown damage) on other players in my space...

If the answer to the above is "yes" can I split the removal...i.e, one from my investigator and one from a buddy?

Thanks

An item that can be used on a different investigator than the one holding it will state that very specifically on the card. So unless it says you can then you cannot. I do not have the cards in front of me, but I believe neither the bandages nor the whiskey state that you can use them on a different investigator. So far there are no items that allow you to "split" benefits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Of course, since it is your game being played in your home (I guess), you can house rule it so that you can do it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
East Windsor
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thematically I don't think bandaging another investor makes sense. Trading the bandages and having them also spend an action to use it feels better. Otherwise the target of the bandage could be running around and acting normal while somebody else trys to help them. No, the target needs to sit still for a bit while being treated.
This also keeps a layer of strategy in the game where you need to understand in advance who is at risk and manage your items in accordingly.
That said, the game can be hard enough already. Your house your rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.