Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking out one rule question.

Can you use two one hand weapons during the same fight? I suppose that not, but another opinion would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bowling
msg tools
The fight action is usually on a weapon itself so no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
Just checking out one rule question.

Can you use two one hand weapons during the same fight? I suppose that not, but another opinion would be nice.

If it were something that gave you a passive ability to increase your Combat or damage dealt, sure, but you can't use more than one item that costs an action (the little arrow) at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
One question regarding assets like roland 39 special. Is it optional or mandatory to discard the gun after the four ammo resources are depleated? Im sure its optional as one may wanna keep it even if its empty if the more ammo card is in the deck. Just wanna make sure i got i correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don_pers wrote:
One question regarding assets like roland 39 special. Is it optional or mandatory to discard the gun after the four ammo resources are depleated? Im sure its optional as one may wanna keep it even if its empty if the more ammo card is in the deck. Just wanna make sure i got i correct

Some Assets will tell you when to discard them. If they don't, the only way to discard an Asset (empty or not) is by bringing a new Asset into that slot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauli Vinni
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks!

I think that there is one women that use two weapons combos, but maybe her personal asset is two pistol card that takes two hand slots. Interesting to see how she is handled!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
Many thanks!

I think that there is one women that use two weapons combos, but maybe her personal asset is two pistol card that takes two hand slots. Interesting to see how she is handled!

You're thinking of the deadly Dilettante, Jenny Barnes. She'll be The Dunwich Legacy's Rogue, and we know she'll be packing "Jenny's Twin .45s" a Signature Weapon worthy of a stylish gunslinger. It would be logical for this single card to occupy two Hand slots, but we haven't yet seen the full card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Drew
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Esgaldil wrote:
Hannibal_pjv wrote:
Many thanks!

You're thinking of the deadly Dilettante, Jenny Barnes. She'll be The Dunwich Legacy's Rogue, and we know she'll be packing "Jenny's Twin .45s" a Signature Weapon worthy of a stylish gunslinger. It would be logical for this single card to occupy two Hand slots, but we haven't yet seen the full card.

http://arkhamdb.com/card/02010

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftnut wrote:

That incomplete text looks like it was pieced together from the partially revealed artwork, in which case the 2-hand is a (very reasonable) guess.

Unfortunate that they chose to signify both unknown information and the Wild Card Icon with a question mark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
That incomplete text looks like it was pieced together from the partially revealed artwork, in which case the 2-hand is a (very reasonable) guess.

Yep, that's a guess.

Esgaldil wrote:
Unfortunate that they chose to signify both unknown information and the Wild Card Icon with a question mark.

Huh, this didn't occur to me. What should I use then? 'X' can be mistaken for actual card text, and I use [...] to mark large chunks of unknown text... Is using '?' here actually a problem? What do you suggest then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mplain wrote:
Esgaldil wrote:

Yep, that's a guess.

Esgaldil wrote:

Huh, this didn't occur to me. What should I use then? 'X' can be mistaken for actual card text, and I use [...] to mark large chunks of unknown text... Is using '?' here actually a problem? What do you suggest then?

Perhaps use 'n'? (Sorry, being mathsy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
Esgaldil wrote:

Yep, that's a guess.

Esgaldil wrote:

It's not a huge problem, but it certainly isn't clear on that card - I wondered before checking if some of the Skill Icons were obscured in the art. It shouldn't come up often, but perhaps [unknown] would be less ambiguous.

I have an OCD/Autistic streak that went off seeing 2-handed printed as if it were confirmed. I recognize that it would be really really weird for it to be anything else, and it's not as though it really matters at this point in time - we'll have the actual set soon enough - but it still bothers me. Maybe use italics or light grey text or brackets to signify guesses as being different from confirmed text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Futterer
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How is it possible to wear two one hand weapons? I thought you only have 1 one hand slot?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
Your investigators, being human, default to two hands. Thus they also default to two hand slots.

This can be easily looked up in the Rules Reference and the Learn to Play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
FuttererJ wrote:
How is it possible to wear two one hand weapons? I thought you only have 1 one hand slot?!?

You might be thinking that you have one 'Hand' slot and one '2 Hands' slot. This is not so. You have two Hand slots, and some assets (e.g. Shotgun) occupy both of them. Same with Arcane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Futterer
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:

You might be thinking that you have one 'Hand' slot and one '2 Hands' slot. This is not so. You have two Hand slots, and some assets (e.g. Shotgun) occupy both of them. Same with Arcane.

Thanks. Thats exactly what i was thinking because of the symbols shown on page 11 in the 'Learn to play' rules. I somehow misinterpreted that one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.