Subject: A serial in the box, what is it used for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
owen graven
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

i got the dutch White goblin version today, in the box I found a serial code (it's on a sticker on the side.)

I thought it was one of those white goblin codes to redeem at their site to eventually win a game someday.

But it says it's invalid, so anyone knows why it's there? I tought well to ID the product, but why would it be on the INSIDE of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Henry
United Kingdom
Wellington
West Midlands
flag msg tools
These Serial numbers are in all CGE games, I guess White Goblin just use the same printer and specs, so the Serial number is in that game as well.

Occasionally CGE asks for this number when asked to provide replacement parts, the most common time I've seen this is when there have been misprints from first printings of Essen releases.

I think it mainly helps identify where it was in a print run, so if a cluster of errors are spotted in Serial codes they can address the issues with the printers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
owen graven
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
JBH1 wrote:
These Serial numbers are in all CGE games, I guess White Goblin just use the same printer and specs, so the Serial number is in that game as well.

Occasionally CGE asks for this number when asked to provide replacement parts, the most common time I've seen this is when there have been misprints from first printings of Essen releases.

I think it mainly helps identify where it was in a print run, so if a cluster of errors are spotted in Serial codes they can address the issues with the printers.

Oh this makes sense, I didn't notice it in my codenames(words) box who came straight from essen, but it was under the insert.

Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.