Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Auto-Draw in the App rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plans to ever change the auto-draw of ally abilities and make it optional?

I know it makes the game faster but the auto-draw doesn't follow the rules and sometimes it even screws up your turn.

Some examples:
- You auto-draw a card and your discard pile forms a new deck but you have some cards in your hand which let you scrap cards in your discard pile
- You have a card which lets you put a card in the market on top of your deck and draw that card but the auto-draw takes place at first.

I would like to hear some opinion:
Are you sometimes annoyed that you may not choose at which time the draw effect takes place if it's an ally effect?
Would you like to see it changed (to make it optional in the settings)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
I do my scrapping before I play the draw a card cards. The app actually made me think more about the order I play my cards in, which is pretty helpful for controlling my deck.

I don't recall a card that both let's you put a card on top of your deck and let's you draw a card, unless the draw is from an ally ability. In which case, you choose to activate it.

I'm a fan of the auto-draw, personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

What if you have this card in play and another trade federation base?
What if you have 0 cards left in your deck and some cards which let you scrap other cards in your hand?

At the beginning of your turn before you may do your first action you will auto-draw a card in the app because the ally ability will be triggered.

Good luck scrapping your cards in the non-existing discard pile.
Good luck drawing the ship you acquire this turn if you haven't a card in your hand which lets you draw another card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Central Office (and similar), I'd actually like the "may" to be implemented. There are times when I'd rather *not* put the next ship I acquire to the top.

But I guess it's the fight between simplicity of implementation, and detail. Just one of the differences between online play and physical-card play. I expect (hope?!) that at some stage, the two modes will be aligned. I can't imagine MtG, for example, using markedly different rules for online play compared to physical!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'd like to see an option implemented to be able to choose btw the 'streamlined' mode (as it is now) and btw the rules of the physical game (e. g. could be called tournament mode).

It would just be a toggle. Yes, it'd make match-making even more difficult.* And I guess it'd involve some serious coding work.
I keep fingers crossed we get a significant app overhaul with Colony Wars but my gut tells me it won't happen...

*:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Match-making, BTW could be improved independently from that above by including another toggle IMO: when specifying the desired exps. one could choose btw 'soft and hard' specs. Hard would be as it is now - exact match, soft would be that all combinations of the specified exps would be accepted, incl. vanilla. With the latter we could have quick and (somewhat) selective at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there is no option to turn it off. Yes, it is annoying. No, I don't feel like it should require separate match making. If you want to play in streamlined mode and I want to play strict, match us up. Sure, I have a slight advantage, but that advantage is small and most of the tricks I can pull off require a bit of skill on my part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.