Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight while noodling around in my Man Cave i stumbled across the game box for the only Kickstarter project in which i invested more money than i did in Conan (but only by a margin of some $7, not including shipping): Steve Jackson's Ogre Designer's Edition (a.k.a. ODE). The ODE was my very first Kickstarter, which i bought into because i have been playing Ogre and its variants since the late 1980's and was thrilled to see this "end-all, be-all edition". That Kickstarter project started me down that long and dark path of buying fancy board games 1-2 years before they're finished their retail release.

i had forgotten how huge the ODE box is. Here, next to the two Conan KS boxes for comparison, is the ODE box:

In fact, the contents of the ODE were so epically huge that they literally didn't fit in the box: several of the counter sheets were packed outside the ODE box, attached to it using the box's shrink-wrapping.

The obligatory photo album:

https://goo.gl/photos/iZdD47rTkbnwUGzv8

What the world needs now is Ogre/Conan crossover scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.