Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Barksdale
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
I'm playing the complete game, with the allies like the Dutch under my command as well. I really love the game! It's such a blast. I have a couple of questions for the opening turn of the game.

1. The turn of the game, I had a War Event result of "Fall of Luzon". As I have about 20 ships in the Manila base that are "Ready For Sea", I need to know how to deal with them. As I understand this, it says that I have to immediately move those ships to the closest base. Do they get to patrol first? Because I mean, it hardly seems fair that they are "Ready For Sea" and yet, I have to move them to a base, and THEN have more repair work on them. How should I govern this one? I am playing it like this: they are not IN the base as they are "READY FOR SEA" and as such, they don't HAVE to go to the base. They can go hunt before going to the sea. BUT, I think I'm doing it wrong.

2. On several of the ships on the opening set-up, it says, "Only contacts with TF results used". How do you interpret this? Do I make ALL Contact rolls "TF" OR, do I roll and then if it is NOT a "TF" then I just move them to the "DONE" and end their turn? I THINK it means that if their is no "TF" result, then that ends the turn.

3. Part of the event "Fall of Luzon" was that I have to move three ships to Davao's SMZ. When I get the ships to Davao, what do I do? Do they stay their for a full turn or two turns or...?

Thanks a lot and PLEASE HELP ME!

All the best, fellow Silent War players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. In the first turn of the campaign game there is no check for War Event, Torpedo Improvement or ULTRA areas. (Scenario Book, p.5, [31.11])
So in the opening turn of your game the "Fall of Luzon" does not happen.

2. I think so and played it this way. If you don't have a "TF" contact result, you don't have a contact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barksdale
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, gotcha! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.