Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve played Zark City a few times now, and am loving the concept of building out the game board and doing battle on it.

There is one action that seems out of proportion with the others, however: Convert.

With convert you can, for as little as one attack point, not only kick an opponent’s piece off the board but also replace it with one of your own. That’s a huge turn of events. And the rule about being able to draw more cards with excess attack points makes it even worse.

When a game has been around awhile, and I’ve only tried it a few times, I figure it’s more that I’m missing the concept than there’s something wrong with a rule. So with that in mind, why wouldn’t it be better to:

1) Allow only demolish, and not convert, or
2) Allow demolish as it stands now, but allow convert only if you can double the currently needed attack points (e.g., you’d need four attack points to convert a medium)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a couple of intense 3-player games today. I will say that the Convert option is seeming a little less overpowered. I *was* able to completely wipe one player off the board in the third or fourth turn, but he came back just fine. Also, those were some bullets that would have been nice for a win (or to prevent one) later in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.