11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Please clear up some confusion . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Begg
Canada
flag msg tools
I have Incan Gold on the Christmas list for the kids, but I'm seeing some comments about "Diamant 2016." BGG, I think, lists Diamant as '2005' and Incan Gold as '2006.'

Am I missing something? Which version should I be hunting for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Diamant 2016 edition is just a newer version of the original Diamant which is the same game as Incan Gold. Clear as mud? They are all basically the same game but with some cosmetic variances and perhaps some component differences. The newer edition looks to have different artwork and bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
flag msg tools
Well, considering I'm seeing Diamant on Amazon for $100, and Incan Gold can be picked up for $20, I think I know which one I'll opt for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Macmillan
Canada
flag msg tools
Begger41 wrote:
Well, considering I'm seeing Diamant on Amazon for $100, and Incan Gold can be picked up for $20, I think I know which one I'll opt for!

I haven't played the other games but you can't go wrong with Incan Gold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.Daddy.Slim
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I were you, I would consider buying Quartz over Incan Gold or Diamant.

I really wanted Incan Gold, it was on my wishlist and want in trade list for a long time.. but I finally got the chance to play it and was really disappointed. I also had the opportunity to play Quartz at GenCon, and it is a similar in both theme and mechanic, but just does it alot better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett B
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Begger41 wrote:
I'm seeing Diamant on Amazon for $100

That price is insane. There must be some problem with supply in North America. When I search eBay there's a number of UK sellers offering it for £20-£25 (approx. $30 USD)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Vaughan
flag msg tools
bouchbre wrote:
Begger41 wrote:

That price is insane. There must be some problem with supply in North America. When I search eBay there's a number of UK sellers offering it for £20-£25 (approx. $30 USD)

Yeah, the amazon.ca prices are almost always weird, pay no attention to them You can get Diamant at BoardGameBliss for $32CAD, but note that this is the French version (apparently, the English version is not available in North America)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Begger41 wrote:

A look at the images in the respective folders will reveal that it isn't simply rarity that dictates the higher prices for Diamant. The whole idea of Incan Gold was to do Diamant on the cheap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
New edition compared to Incan Gold?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Stanton
United States
Paoli
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bouchbre wrote:
Begger41 wrote:

I think some sellers charge an inflated price hoping: (a) a buyer wouldn't know it was inflated; and/or (b) an expensive game must be a good name/better game/the best game.

(There has been legal arguments that "price" is part of the product, as in "Look what I can afford!", and/or "If it costs that much, it must be good/better.")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Begg
Canada
flag msg tools
Amazing, everyone. Thank you for clearing it up. And I might just have to check out Quartz now, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.