$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 104.64

6,555 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: Optional Buys and Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Poll
Which expansions/optional buys are you planning to get? Or which optional buys do you think is the good buy?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Hera Expansion
78.0% 103
Poseidon Expansion
75.8% 100
Hephaestus Expansion
70.5% 93
Heroes of Trojan War
66.7% 88
Hell Judges
57.6% 76
Oedipus and the Sphinx
56.8% 75
Manticore
71.2% 94
Terrain set
41.7% 55
Artbook
10.6% 14
RPG
16.7% 22
Dice
25.0% 33
Stat Clips
35.6% 47
Voters 132
This poll is now closed.   132 answers
Poll created by khian
Closes: Thu Dec 1, 2016 6:00 am
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would assume that asking 2 questions, which don't necessarily have the same answer, in the same poll will have quite interesting pollution effects on the results

just two examples:
- a person might think the expansions are a good buy, however since they aren't exclusive or immediately required postpones them
- a completionist might intend to buy the Hell Judges even if he wouldn't put them on the top of the list of good offers.
both cases might answer yes or no on the respective items depending on which part they focus
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Only pledging core box: will have to wait for a couple of paychecks to come through for the PM and then buy all the minis. Also ordered $350 worth of paint just for this project.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theres incredible value in just the base set, and still awhile to go. I think just the base is fine.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
This poll is flawed, there isn't a none of the above option.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Or you could just not vote. It's not an election to determine who will run the country for a which a none of the above registers the amount of disatisfaction with the political system. If you don't like any of the add-ons, don't vote.

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted everything except
-Terrain set
-Artbook
-RPG
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khian Foo
United States
Minot
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I think RPG is a must-buy for those who like the minis but cant afford all of them
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't get that conclusion
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
redben wrote:
Or you could just not vote. It's not an election to determine who will run the country for a which a none of the above registers the amount of disatisfaction with the political system. If you don't like any of the add-ons, don't vote.



No kidding Sherlock! But if a good percentage of backers are passing on all of the expansions it's worth noting.

Right now I'm in the no expansions category and would like to know if there are others of the same opinion.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
...
No kidding Sherlock! But if a good percentage of backers are passing on all of the expansions it's worth noting.

Right now I'm in the no expansions category and would like to know if there are others of the same opinion.

for all you know everyone who voted for them could currently pass on them, if they chosen to answer the second question, but still don't intend to buy them right now.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario López Menés
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
Free P&P: app.box.com/naginata
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised about seeing Oedipus and the Sphinx in the last place (among the miniature add-ons). It is cheap, adds a Hero and a Monster and both of them seem to have an interesting gameplay style rather than just being "strong".

Because of the same reason, I see Heroes of Trojan War as the very most interesting add-on. Adding 5 different Heroes to the draft for 20$ seems a good deal, mostly because they support different play styles. Much better than just adding a Monster (the Manticore) for the same price, even if the miniature is amazing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Moondraco wrote:
I'm surprised about seeing Oedipus and the Sphinx in the last place (among the miniature add-ons). It is cheap, adds a Hero and a Monster and both of them seem to have an interesting gameplay style rather than just being "strong".

Because of the same reason, I see Heroes of Trojan War as the very most interesting add-on. Adding 5 different Heroes to the draft for 20$ seems a good deal, mostly because they support different play styles. Much better than just adding a Monster (the Manticore) for the same price, even if the miniature is amazing.

for me it's the other way round, I see the Heroes of the Trojan War as the most expendable of all addons, at least of the game play addons.
Not saying that it is a bad deal per se, however adding hero diversity is really not my first priority with all the material of the core box, the stretch goals and perhaps one or another addon. So, it can be safely shelved until it hit the retail shelves.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgorn wrote:
for me it's the other way round, I see the Heroes of the Trojan War as the most expendable of all addons, at least of the game play addons.
Not saying that it is a bad deal per se, however adding hero diversity is really not my first priority with all the material of the core box, the stretch goals and perhaps one or another addon. So, it can be safely shelved until it hit the retail shelves.

Funny. I find Paris and Diomedes two of the best heroes in the game, points-wise. Definitely units I will use a lot.

But agreed, the other 3 heroes aren't that special and can be replaced with other, more generic heroes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xhawk wrote:
Theres incredible value in just the base set, and still awhile to go. I think just the base is fine.


Certainly. You get quite a bunch of stuff with just the Gods Pledge.

I think, apart from wanting some specific units or wanting it all, one big draw towards the expansions might be scenarios. There are a ton of those in the expansions.

Bye
Thanee
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
...
Funny. I find Paris and Diomedes two of the best heroes in the game, points-wise. Definitely units I will use a lot.
...

I would agree on their specific utility and they make the addon together with the more thematic bonus of Ajax and Agamemnon probably a good deal.
Still, for me at least, they are currently added variations on a part of the game that already has many options, which makes them right now optional for later consideration, when I am at a point where I "need" more variation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asgorn wrote:
Still, for me at least, they are currently added variations on a part of the game that already has many options, which makes them right now optional for later consideration, when I am at a point where I "need" more variation.

True that! cool

Personally I like to have all the good special units and unfortunately all the boxes have some (or are KSE).
Andromeda in the Poseidon box, Diomedes and Paris in the Troy box, Hera in the Hera box .. and so on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.