Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A player cannot build more than one outpost in one region (a region being a large hex).
But can a player build the same type of outpost as another player has previously built in the same region?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. What other people do doesn't affect your outposts, only your own outposts limit what and where you can play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what does this mean from the rule book under Outposts:
"The playing figure that is supposed to get the outpost has to be the first of its kind in this outer space tile" (rule book emphasis)? In the rules "playing figure" refers to space stations, colonies and missions. The only way I can make any meaning from that sentence is for it to refer to all players, as in the previous sentence the rules clearly state that you yourself cannot build a second outpost in the one region.

I played the game Last week, and really enjoyed it, and now I am going through the rule book wanting to write out a rules summary to remind myself how to play as the rule book is a complete nightmare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
odes spielekiste
Germany
Horstmar-Leer
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter,

if you already have a disc in this sector and you want to place another disc here and now want to place an outpost you cannot do it, because it is not your first disc in this sector.

It can happen because of the need to build one of each outpost before you are allowed to build the second outopst of a kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I understand the sentence in the rules now. I was taught the game very well and was taught it the way it should be played. It just confused me why the rules seemed to suggest otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that same rule confused me as well (see Outposts and first build). But that's indeed how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.