Hide
5 Posts

Cosmic Encounter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lunar Cannon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jaffak Landsdown
msg tools
The Lunar Cannon tech says to initally deploy between 2 of your planets and the bold description is Defend 2 planets. Since the idea of the tech is to defend , can you use it Offensively by redeploying it between 2 planets of my opponent with a wild destiny to gain a + 10 attack bonus on Offense or as an offensive ally ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Avery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand how a wild destiny would redeploy it in any way. It does not move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaffak78 wrote:
The Lunar Cannon tech says to initally deploy between 2 of your planets and the bold description is Defend 2 planets. Since the idea of the tech is to defend , can you use it Offensively by redeploying it between 2 planets of my opponent with a wild destiny to gain a + 10 attack bonus on Offense or as an offensive ally ?

lunar cannon wrote:
When you are a main player or an ally, you may add 10 to your side's total in any encounters targeting a world next to the lunar cannon.

Seems pretty clear to me. You can use the lunar cannon in any encounter if you are a main player or ally and the target is next to the cannon, and you add 10 to the side you are on no matter if that's the offence or defense.

The bold description is only a shorthand description, it does not dictate the actual effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cordwangle wrote:
I don't understand how a wild destiny would redeploy it in any way. It does not move.

Of course it does move, read the card:
lunar cannon wrote:
Each time a wild destiny card is drawn, you may move the lunar cannon token to a new position in any system
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Avery
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake, it has been a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.