Crisis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event - Political Turmoil rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it says 'reduce .... output by one,' am I supposed to reduce the the final result by one or the individual multipliers by one?

For example:

X Industry produces (X2) 2 points
and (X3) 3 Money

On a basic run with no extra employees, do I get 4 points and 9 Money or 2 points and 6 money?

We've just been subtracting one off the final result, seems light, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Sorry if I explained myself poorly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
We played it in a fashion where it's not the final output minus 1 but the output before multipliers are added that is reduced by 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The output in my point of view is the final result. For that reason we've reduced this value....so not the multiplier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played it the other way around. Since in the case of a multiplier, bonuses are added to the multiplier, we played it that a reduction works the same way. Otherwise the impact of said "turmoil" seems extremely minor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
But it clearly says output, not multiplier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pantelis Bouboulis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi guys.

In this case you have to reduce the output shown in the card (see page 10 of the rulebook), Not the final output. For example, if you have Bank02 with a banker (necessary employee) and two workers +1 (bonus employees) you normally produce 5x3 = 15 credits.
With this event you produce 5x2 = 10 credits instead. I hope this will help.

The output is the number shown in the card (bottom right). The multiplier is the number inside the multiplier icon (see page 12 in the manual) plus the extra multipliers generated by the employees. In this example, the number 5 is the multiplier, the number 3 is the output ant the number 15 is the final production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TurambarGR wrote:
Hi guys.

In this case you have to reduce the output shown in the card (see page 10 of the rulebook), Not the final output. For example, if you have Bank02 with a banker (necessary employee) and two workers +1 (bonus employees) you normally produce 5x3 = 15 credits.
With this event you produce 5x2 = 10 credits instead. I hope this will help.

The output is the number shown in the card (bottom right). The multiplier are the number inside the multiplier icon (see page 12 in the manual) plus the extra multipliers generated by the employees. In this example, the number 5 is the multiplier, the number 3 is the output ant the number 15 is the final production.

Yes, this is the correct way to play this card. It should probably be posted as an FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I definitely would appreciate it in the FAQ and will play it more brutally from now on. Some of these events will really hurt now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.