Legends Untold» Forums » General

Subject: Future Availability? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following this game since UKGE, and was excited about the Kickstarter - at £26, this was pretty much a no-brainer for me.

Obviously, it's fantastic that the game has funded so quickly and, it seems, gone so far beyond the designers' initial expectations in terms of what's available.

That said, I'm a bit concerned about what this means for the rest of the campaign, and future availability of the game generally.

It seems pretty likely at this point, that the campaign will unlock the sewers set as an add-on. If it's the same size as the caves set, presumably that means the same cost - £50+ instead of £26 is a big jump for a game that I've only played a very quick demo of, quite a way back in development.

If I back this just at the basic level, will the Sewers set be available at a later point? will I be hampered when higher-level sets come out if I've only got one of the starters?

I hope this project continues to be successful, but I also want to make sure that I don't end up in a place where I've half bought in to a product and can't get the next bits when they appear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sewers add-on will cost you an extra £22 incl. postage. So for you £48 total pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
I've been following this game since UKGE, and was excited about the Kickstarter - at £26, this was pretty much a no-brainer for me.

Obviously, it's fantastic that the game has funded so quickly and, it seems, gone so far beyond the designers' initial expectations in terms of what's available.

That said, I'm a bit concerned about what this means for the rest of the campaign, and future availability of the game generally.

It seems pretty likely at this point, that the campaign will unlock the sewers set as an add-on. If it's the same size as the caves set, presumably that means the same cost - £50+ instead of £26 is a big jump for a game that I've only played a very quick demo of, quite a way back in development.

If I back this just at the basic level, will the Sewers set be available at a later point? will I be hampered when higher-level sets come out if I've only got one of the starters?

I hope this project continues to be successful, but I also want to make sure that I don't end up in a place where I've half bought in to a product and can't get the next bits when they appear.

I've been wondering the same thing. Would hate to not get the Sewers and not have it be widely available later, but I'm also having a hard time doubling the pledge during the same time that money is a bit tight anyway when I'm not sure how much I'll like the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly (£48 as opposed to £50-something doesn't massively change my view).

I hope the designers will weigh in on this - I know they've been active on the boards generally. Ultimately they will have their reasons for doing things the way they do, but I hope that they at least make it clear to us what their plans are so that we can make informed decisions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We will Jim I promise we will.

I'm trying to get something up today. It just takes some time to explain it all.

We really appreciate your interest and questions guys.

Kev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't trying to rush you guys at all - so long as the info doesn't go up 20 minutes before the campaign ends, take your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Appreciated! We have been taken aback by the level of interest Jim.

Yeah at least 30 mins surely...

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.