Inis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using New Alliance without any unused clans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
This came up in our game today:

I have all my clans already on the board. Am I able to use "New Alliance" option B to remove one of two enemy clans from a territory, even though I don't have a clan available with which to replace it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gut feeling is no, but I could see it being read either way honestly... so not the most helpful answer I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no, because the whole idea behind the card is that you are converting them to your side. Mechanically this is done by swapping pieces, but thematically the clan is the same one they just switched sides. I think mechanically and thematically if you do not have the enough pieces to do this then your influence is spread to thin to convince them to join your side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Bürger
Germany
Neustadt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I still play the card to take an action without any effect or do you think this would also not be possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't use a "place" card to "move" clans if you don't have enough available clans.
Nice try though

But yes, you can play such a card even if it has no effect. You play it and what you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the reply, Christian, but I'm not sure I have an exact answer yet. We ruled out moving in a clan I already had on the board, as that would be a ... generous interpretation.

But ... does doing as much as I can in this instance mean that I *can* remove the enemy clan, but am unable to place my own? Or am I wholly unable to "replace" the clan and therefore do nothing?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, sorry, in this case "replace" doesn't work. You don't merely remove one opposing clan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
Perfect, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.