Last Blitzkrieg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Which units can act as support? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nayan Sharma
United States
California
flag msg tools

Can any AV or Stand off unit act in support by being moved next to the HQ and the support noted with the appropriate counter?

I was playing it was only those that had support marked on one side of their counter but having started a scenario with stand off units I am starting to realise I may have made a mistake blush

If this is the case (and I am wrong) why are some marked as support on their counter? The answer for some is that this is the only role they can perform but this isn't true for others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynn Brower
United States
Solon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Nayan,

You ask:

"Can any AV or Stand off unit act in support by being moved next to the HQ and the support noted with the appropriate counter?"

The rule is 9.2a. "Only non-Dual AV units can be put into Support."

9.2a goes on to note that some units have 'Support' written on the counter.

So if we go case by case.

CASE 1. If a unit has Support written on it AND it has only 1 counter side it always exists in Support only. EXAMPLE 811TD Bn/CCA/9AD. These one sided Support units can never be changed to a "concentrated" combat unit on the map.

CASE 2. If a unit has Support written on it and it has another counter side it can only exist on the map on the side that does NOT say Support. EXAMPLE 130 JgPz Bn/LehrPz. So this unit starts the game on its Support marked side in Support of Lehr Pz division. In an assignment phase this unit could be "re-concentrated" into a combat unit which can maneuver on the map.

Case 3. Any non-Dual AV unit can be placed into support in the assignment phase. EXAMPLE II/130/Lehr Pz Bn is a non-dual AV unit. This unit does not have a counter side marked Support BUT it can be placed into Support of Lehr Pz division in an assignment phase. Since this unit counter does not have a Support marked side it would need to be marked with a Red Support marker if it is placed into Support. (NOTE: such non Support marked units always use their Deployed side combat values when in Support)

I hope my long-winded answer helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nayan Sharma
United States
California
flag msg tools

Perfect. Helpful as always
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan Hudgens
msg tools
mb
The only thing I'd add to Lynn's exposition is that units can be assigned as Support _only_ in the Assignment Phase. Using normal movement to move to the HQ isn't necessary. Instead the owner simply picks them up and puts them with the HQ. (or in an empty area near the HQ, or on a homemade Support Display off map) That's true even if the will- be support unit is just entering play at an entry area. While a unit is in Support role it has no effect on the map, other than its support effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.